 MediaWatch / 3009
3008  |  3010
Subject:
The Most Insane LEGO Machine: GBC (video)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2012 06:48:54 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The Most Insane LEGO Machine I’ve Ever Seen

Sept. 19, 2012
From Gizmodo, By Jesus Diaz

Madness. This. Is. MADNESS! Its creator calls this machine the LEGO Great Ball Contraption GBC. I don’t know what to call it. Gjhiqjmvcdzz. Askjgsprgnyasdkfnipjreg. Thqruwm—-I’ve no words to describe the awe that I’ve experienced watching this video. It surprised me at every step. I’ve never ever seen any contraption so glorious and crazy.

Built in his house by LEGO genius Akiyuki over the course of two years, for a total of 600 hours of construction time, the machine has staggering dimensions: 17 modules that process 500 balls for a length of 101.7 feet (31 meters) at a rate of one ball per second. The total size is 5 by 21 feet (1.5 meters by 6.5 meters).

But this is not just about its crazy size. It’s about what this thing does. The modules are pure genius. Some of them should have their own video, like the archimedes screw or the basket shooter.

Here is the list of modules, in order:

1. Ball factory
2. Zigzag stair
3. Zigzag lift
4. Pneumatic
5. Cup
6. Screw T1
7. Basket shooter
8. Mechanical train
9. Screw T2
10. Screw T3 11. Spiral lift T2
12. Elevator & coaster
13. Fork
14. Spiral lift T1 & step
15. Catch & release
16. Belt conveyor & pinball
17. 5-axis robot S750

It uses every trick in the book. The more I watch it, the more I’m convinced that LEGO should hire him to demonstrate the power of their bricks all around the world. Heck, give the man control over all your inventory, LEGO. He’s the kind of guy that would build a full-size mecha factory out of your bricks.

Video link: Gizmodo.com

YouTube Channel: Akiyuky YouTube.com

Akiyuky is from Japan. Blog: http://legokarakuri.blog91.fc2.com/

-end of report-