 MediaWatch / 2345

Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:35:46 GMT

This could also be LEGO’s way to slyly “ease” into a military theme. I wouldn’t be surprized if they avoid using swastikas and the like, which is just as well perhaps. But I could see this generating all kinds of interestng minifigs and maybe also new weapons.

Cool to see an indication that the sets may be from the first three movies as well as the upcoming one. The German flying wing from Raiders... is just aching to be turned into a set...

Also, the fanbase for the originalmovies is an older crowd, and I’m hoping that will translate into less juniorized minifig-scale sets. Certainly the SW franchise set an impressive precedent.

This is good news indeed!

Magnus

Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 00:53:43 GMT

be surprized if they avoid using swastikas and the like, which is just as well
I believe they wouldn't be able to use swastikas and still legally sell in
Germany.

Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 02:36:30 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Jonathan Wilson wrote:

   be surprized if they avoid using swastikas and the like, which is just as well
I believe they wouldn’t be able to use swastikas and still legally sell in Germany.

That symbol featured quite prominently in the films. Was there a special murfled version made for the German market? Maybe lego could do the same, similar to what they did with the Dino Attack theme.

Not that I particularly want to see a swastika in an official set(1) or anything, but I would prefer the sets to be true to the source material.

Allister

(1) IANAN.

Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 05:16:49 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Allister McLaren wrote:

Not that I particularly want to see a swastika in an official set(1) or anything, but I would prefer the sets to be true to the source material.

Don’t worry, Al, you may be able to take comfort that the sets include new guns in lieu of the murflable symbols.

No swastikas(1), but plenty of guns! No problems there!

Cheers

Richie Dulin
(1)IANAN either

Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 13:20:26 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.mediawatch, Allister McLaren wrote:

Not that I particularly want to see a swastika in an official set(1) or anything, but I would prefer the sets to be true to the source material.

Don’t worry, Al, you may be able to take comfort that the sets include new guns in lieu of the murflable symbols.

No swastikas(1), but plenty of guns! No problems there!

Cheers

Richie Dulin
(1)IANAN either

Personally, I hope they make a set of the face melting scene.