 MediaWatch / 1976
    Re: Bricklink Admin Bill Swanberg arrested for Lego thefts —Steve Lane
   (...) That's so simple I'm surprised I never thought of it, not that I'd ever commit a crime of course. Steve (18 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

        Re: Bricklink Admin Bill Swanberg arrested for Lego thefts —Tom Dickson
   (...) Actually, it's one of the oldest scams in the book; that's why those automatic tellers at Home Depot, etc, have the weight system setup. I'm surprised it worked so well, I guess the cashier's display just said "ITEM LEGO TOY" or something like (...) (18 years ago, 20-Nov-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

        Re: Bricklink Admin Bill Swanberg arrested for Lego thefts —Stefan Gustavson
   (...) Most cashiers working in huge toy stores simply don't care. Pick the one that looks most inexperienced, tired, or both, and you can probably get away with the most amazingly simple scams, provided you don't do it too often. That, I think, was (...) (18 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)