 Marketplace / Theory / 2429
2428  |  2430
Subject:
Ebay Recourse?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 02:34:42 GMT

Hello all:
  If I'm in the wrong group, please redirect me as appropriate.

  On 9/8 I won this auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763810116
  and I emailed the seller minutes after the close.  I received an automated
response from the seller and from Ebay, but that's the last I heard.  I've
since emailed the seller twice from my excite.mail account and once via Ebay's
"contact the seller" system. No dice.  What are my options?
  I had a very successful transaction with this seller just days before the
close of this one, so I'm baffled as to why I get no response now.  I'm so
pleased with the previous item that I'm eager to send payment for this one, but
certainly not until I've made contact with the seller to confirm final shipping
costs.
  What should I do?  The seller is in Hong Kong and has a good feedback rating,
but he doesn't currently have anything listed for auction.  Do I need to drive
to Hong Kong to sort it out?!?

     Dave!