 Marketplace / Theory / * (-5)
Re: Question about selling my collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2017 15:58:28 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, "Marco Soto" <socrates at cepheid dot org> wrote:
I hope this is in the right area. I'm not ready to sell my collection just yet
but I wanted to find out if anyone knows where I should go.

My collection is over 2000 lbs of Lego, so even at a reasonable price, we're
talking in the five figure range. Is there a place where I could list that in
one lump and not have it be a complete waste of time?

I have a number of friends who would love to take my collection off my hands but
none of them has that kind of money laying around. I also thought about selling
it to someplace like a school or a children's hospital but I've been told that
that is a dead end too.

I guess I could sell it off bit by bit and in lots, but that seems to me like it
would take a lot of time and effort. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi, I work in an Autism Unit and would like to bulk buy lego for our students -
maybe we could come up with a cleaver plan?

Subject:
Question about selling my collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2017 02:57:29 GMT

I hope this is in the right area. I'm not ready to sell my collection just yet
but I wanted to find out if anyone knows where I should go.

My collection is over 2000 lbs of Lego, so even at a reasonable price, we're
talking in the five figure range. Is there a place where I could list that in
one lump and not have it be a complete waste of time?

I have a number of friends who would love to take my collection off my hands but
none of them has that kind of money laying around. I also thought about selling
it to someplace like a school or a children's hospital but I've been told that
that is a dead end too.

I guess I could sell it off bit by bit and in lots, but that seems to me like it
would take a lot of time and effort. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Copyright notice concerning Brickmania / Daniel Siskind's models.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:55:50 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Tiffeny Thompson wrote:
   In lugnet.market.theory, Dave Sterling wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Daniel Siskind wrote:
   It has come to my attention that numerous individual are reselling my kits and instructions without my consent on eBay, Bricklink, etc. Therefore I am posting my guidelines regarding the reproduction and redistribution of my work here.Furthermore, if you are currently selling unauthorized reproductions of my kits or instructions I kindly ask that you stop this activity immediately. I am not opposed to licensing my models, so I am open to proposals if anyone wants to reproduce them legitimately. Below is my official position regarding the copyright and reproduction of my work...

Thank you,

Daniel Siskind

Way to go Dan! I’m excited to see you taking the leap to try and make custom kits a full-time job. Good luck and I look forward to talking in a few days at Brickworld 2009!

-Dave ToT-LUG

Dan,

Can you please give us links to where to buy your sets =) thanks, Tiffeny of scltc, lugola, sandlug

Tiffeny:

-Dave

ToT-LUG

Re: Copyright notice concerning Brickmania / Daniel Siskind's models.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:12:14 GMT

[...]

[...]