 Marketplace / Shopping / 8217
Re: Harry Potter Disappeared???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 19:48:16 GMT

The Hogwart's Express doesn't come with proper train wheels and so can't be
run on Lego track as built.
It can be easily converted over though, using proper wheels and I believe
that the instruction show you how to do that (although I don't yet have one,
so I may be wrong..!)

Richard.

"Naji Norder" <n.norder@computer.org> wrote in message

We saw the entire line for the first time last night, all available in
Wal-Mart (@ 620 & 183 in Austin).  They look very nice, and the prices are
pretty good as well.  I know we'll collect them all ourselves, but I am • just
wondering if my little sister (12, never shown interest in LEGO but loves
Harry Potter) will like them.  If this is what it takes to get her
interested, I'm willing to try it out.

Naji

BTW I couldn't tell from the Hogwart's Express box if it comes with track.
They conveniently clouded it out in all the shots.  And I assume that it • is
not powered, but does anyone know if there are optional instructions
included to make it powered (with, say, parts from a Railway Express or
two)?  If not, I'll have to play with it and see if I can come up with
something that looks good.

In lugnet.market.shopping, Bryan Wong writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, James Seibert writes:
Harry Potter sets have disappeared from the shelves of the two local
Wal-Marts and one K-Mart in the Paducah area. I purchased a few sets but • the
castle, Hagrids Hut, and other were gone then two days later the shelves
were cleared out completely. I was just wondering if anyone else has • noticed
the same development occuring their local stores. I can only guess they • have
sold the entire stock that was delivered to them but I am concerned that
will be all the stock they receive until after Christmas. I just hope my
local stores get resupplied because they always have good after- • Christmas
sales.

Yeah I'm not sure what's happening... First I heard that the HP sets were
available at a Toys R Us in mall X.  Then I saw the HP sets at a Toys R • Us
in my area, but now they've disappeared, including the display. • Yesterday I
went to mall X and that TRU doesn't have the HP sets either!

Maybe they're not "allowed" to sell the sets yet.

I'm in Vancouver, BC, Canada in case anyone's interested.

-Bryan