 Marketplace / Shopping / 8201
Re: Gouge gouge gouge....gouge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 19:45:24 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Petrucelli writes:

Well as an Assistant Manager at a K*B I can tell you that the reason Bionicle
Cans are $9.99 is because the store can not keep them in stock.  Simple supply
and demand.  (I don't agree with it but that is another matter entirely.)
The HP Lego is selling quickly (but not quite as well as Bionicle.)  Of course
K*B is totally awesome for close-out Lego.  The SW Landspeeder, Droid Fighter,
Desert Skiff, Jedi Deul, Speeder Bikes, and Naboo swamp are all red slashed to
$4.99.  (K*B bought E-toys leftover stock when they went under)  K*B is like
any other store, you must be an informed consumer.  Some prices are higher
others are lower.

-Mike Petrucelli (who's views do not reflect his employer's)

I go anywhere I can find a deal - I stocked up on Speeder Bikes and Naboo
Swamps at KB (and Naboo Fighters, which I got for $8 each, but those are
long gone).  For day to day prices, KB is simply awful on Lego, but I've
done quite well at some of their sales.

But, fwoosh!, $110 for Hogwarts Castle?  Just got it for $70.  :-)

Bruce