 Marketplace / Shopping / 2362
2361  |  2363
Subject:
WalMart, Clearance, Privacy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 15:33:07 GMT

The WM near me has the Super LEGO value sets on clearance for $14 - this
is the set with the Rock Raiders crew, ResQ Speedboat, Ninja Blaster,
Frontier Patrol, and a LEGO Classic set. Oh, and a blue Technic case.  I
snagged one because I was thinking about getting another RR Crew set, I
wanted the Ninja catalput, and the Classic set had some nice pieces.

The Sphinx Secret Surprise was also down to $9, and Ninja Surprise to $5.
Mummy's Tomb is still holding at $14.

Anyway, the other issue I wanted to mention is WalMart's new policy of
asking for your zip code when you make a purchase. I don't know how
anybody else feels, but as for me, I think it's none of their business
where I live (or what my phone number is - a practice which some stores
have started).

I talked to 2 WM employees this weekend.  The first one told me that she
*had* to have my zip code to open her register.  When I went to the
second, I found out that that was not, in fact, the case.  Just a piece of
useful information for those of you who don't like to give out personal
info like that.

(I wonder if there are 'null zip codes' like there are 'null social
security numbers' - zips that are certain never to get assigned anywhere.
I wouldn't mind a list of those to use in such situations...)