 Marketplace / Shopping / 11711
Re: why no pirates in the U.S.?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 01:32:30 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Joe Strout wrote:
Why is it that a search for "pirate" at Shop At Home brings up a bunch of pirate
kits, all marked "Sorry, item is not available in this country"?  Is the entire
pirate line only sold in Europe, or what (and why)?

It's not generally available yet, if you mean the 4+ Jack Stone pirate range.

Classic Pirates went on clearance in 1998 and have been "resting" since then.
Some sets were reissued in 2001 at the instigation of Lego Direct, but the last
of those were clearanced by Amazon and others in 2002. The Black Seas Barracuda
was the last pirate set to be reissued under the Legend series in 2002, and was
sold out last Christmas.

With most Lugnet groups there is a "charter" posting often on the left hand
sidebar. You can also edit the msg # in your browser URL to msg 1 to find it.