 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1871
Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 01:51:15 GMT

I'm partial to .market.boxtrot  it's in a box.. and it's trotting all
over the place.. for some reason it just fits in my mind...
my 2nd vote would be for travelmix...
mailathon doesn't bring anything to mind.. mailswap and mailtrade just
seem to "normal".. and this doesn't feel like a "normal" thing
The 'rama's bring bad thoughts of jumk found at cheap "rummage 'o
rama's" run in the city here..
the rest haven't brought much to mind either...

Just my .02 slopes maybe someone else has better reasons for some of the
above??
Tamy

Todd Lehman wrote:

Sure, I don't see why not -- if there's enthusiasm toward it and if a
sensible name could be picked.  It certainly belongs in the .market.*
hierarchy as it's purely an aftermarket person(s)-to-person(s) trading
thing.

I'll toss out a few random ideas off the top of my head...

   .market.boxmixer
   .market.boxtrot
   .market.mailathon
   .market.mailmix
   .market.mailorama
   .market.mailswap
   .market.mailtrade
   .market.mixorama
   .market.swaporama
   .market.travelmix

...any of those getting close?  Other possibilities?

Can boxes that people send out have
a serial number?  Can we post to this hypothetical ng like subj= "123:
Columbia MO" and text can indicate what ever I want?

Sure, whatever works.

This could spawn off a whole sub-hobby.

I wonder if anything like this has ever been done before for other hobbies.
I can't help thinking that this sort of thing must already have a name.

--Todd