 Local / United States / Washington / *394 (-10)
Subject:
More Vendors Wanted at NWBrickCon Brick Bazaar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.sealug
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:49:48 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

This is somewhat of a repeat, but the deadline for pre-registration is fast
approaching... Bring your Lego wares to NWBrickCon!

NWBrickCon will be held October 7th-9th at the Seattle Center.  And the Brick
Bazaar is a fanstastic time to unload your surplus Lego or move some product
from your retail inventory.  If you want a full or half table reserved for you,
please let me know as soon as you can.  There is no table fee, but a donation
for the door prize would always be appreciated!

The public will be in for a while on Sunday to the Rainier Room (not the Brick
Bazaar room).  If you want to sell your wares to the public (not just conference
attendees) it is an option.  However it will require you to get a City of
Seattle Business Liscense (cost of around $45 I believe).  If you are getting
the liscense and want a table(s) during the public time, let me know and we will
work out the details.

If you just have a few sets to sell (not parts) there is a local toy dealer
(Math 'n Stuff) who will be there, and they have agreed to act as agent and sell
to the public for you!  You will need to keep an eye on your own merchandise
during the public time if you do that.  It is a great, EASY way to sell custom
sets or older retired sets.

Remember, to sell to conference attendees during the regular Brick Bazaar is a
no-fee and no-liscense needed thing!  So just send me an email at
mattchiles@gorge.net to sign up and reserve your space.

Oh yeah, we will provide tables and skirting.  You bring stuff to sell, shelving
if needed, bags if appropriate, change box & small change, business cards, table
cover sheet for while you are gone, signs and price tags, some paper and pens
for notes you may need to take, and all that sort of stuff.  Don't plan on
electricity being available at your table, although we will do our best to
accomodate if needed (bring your own extension cord and we will see what we can
do).  And DON'T FORGET TO REGISTER FOR THE CONVENTION NOW at www.nwbrickcon.org!

-Matt :)
NWBrickCon Brick Bazaar Coordinator

Re: Lego competition at the Puyallup Fair
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wa
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:18:32 GMT

   In lugnet.loc.us.wa, Thomas Rafert wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.us.wa, David Winkler wrote:
   The Puyallup Fair has a Lego competition. September 9-25, 2005

Entries required by Sunday, August 28 6pm.

category for AGES 15 AND UNDER category for AGES 16 AND OVER

Details and rules on page 48 of http://thefair.com/InfoServices/EntryInfo/pdf/05_HAHH2.pdf (including “Entire piece may not exceed 10” x 10” x 15” high.”)

Prizes include money.

Main Puyallup Fair website: http://thefair.com

David,

I’ve been meaning to enter this year after year and never seem to get around to it. It’s not looking any better this year. I’ve got a Castle display I’m putting on this weekend with Dan Parker and then NWBrickCon just around the corner. Ack! NWBC is only 6 weeks away.

Have you checked with them about having a special display for your angel?

Thomas

There were some pretty cool entries that I saw. An amazing Jack-in-the-box, and a really cool castle. Both amazingly detailed for the size constraints of the contest. The person accepting entries told me that I wasn’t able to take pictures. :-(

I dropped off my entry, a couple of linked rings, measuring 14.5” tall at the center.

Plans and rendering for my entry:

toruses

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/happyfrosh/Puyallup2005/

-dw

Oops - should have made myself clearer:

The Puyallup Fair will be showing the entries during the fair September 9-25, 2005. Winners will be announced September 9, 2005. Photos will be allowed during the fair.

-dw

Re: Lego competition at the Puyallup Fair
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wa
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:54:32 GMT

[...]

I left the Lego Stanford Angel with my relatives in Washington D.C. after BrickFest2005. It was difficult to ship it across the country.

(Even getting it from my relatives’ home to the conference required renting a full-size SUV to transport the 4 large boxes)

While I have some ideas for future large building (this time in red), I’m probably not going to have anything done in the next 8 days.

-David

There were some pretty cool entries that I saw. An amazing Jack-in-the-box, and a really cool castle. Both amazingly detailed for the size constraints of the contest. The person accepting entries told me that I wasn’t able to take pictures. :-(

I dropped off my entry, a couple of linked rings, measuring 14.5” tall at the center.

Plans and rendering for my entry:

toruses

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/happyfrosh/Puyallup2005/

-dw

Re: Lego competition at the Puyallup Fair
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wa
Date:
Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:25:01 GMT

[...]

Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wa
Date:
Sat, 20 Aug 2005 01:41:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.wa, David Winkler wrote:
   The Puyallup Fair has a Lego competition. September 9-25, 2005

Entries required by Sunday, August 28 6pm.

category for AGES 15 AND UNDER category for AGES 16 AND OVER

Details and rules on page 48 of http://thefair.com/InfoServices/EntryInfo/pdf/05_HAHH2.pdf (including “Entire piece may not exceed 10” x 10” x 15” high.”)

Prizes include money.

Main Puyallup Fair website: http://thefair.com

David,

I’ve been meaning to enter this year after year and never seem to get around to it. It’s not looking any better this year. I’ve got a Castle display I’m putting on this weekend with Dan Parker and then NWBrickCon just around the corner. Ack! NWBC is only 6 weeks away.

Have you checked with them about having a special display for your angel?

Thomas

Subject:
Lego competition at the Puyallup Fair
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wa
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 18:50:44 GMT

The Puyallup Fair has a Lego competition. September 9-25, 2005

Entries required by Sunday, August 28 6pm.

category for AGES 15 AND UNDER category for AGES 16 AND OVER

Details and rules on page 48 of http://thefair.com/InfoServices/EntryInfo/pdf/05_HAHH2.pdf (including “Entire piece may not exceed 10” x 10” x 15” high.”)

Prizes include money.

Main Puyallup Fair website: http://thefair.com

Subject:
NWBrickCon is Coming! Vendors are Needed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.sealug
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:18:11 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I'm in charge of the Brick Bazaar at NWBrickCon again this year, and it is
comming up fast!  This year NWBrickCon will be held October 7th-9th at the
Seattle Center.  The Brick Bazaar will be a much better location this year (the
Olympic Room) than last year.

The Brick Bazaar is a fanstastic time to unload your surplus Lego or move some
product from your retail inventory.  If you want a full or half table reserved
for you, please let me know as soon as you can.  We don't even have a table fee,
but we would request you donate something to the door prizes if you can.

The public will be in for a while on Sunday to the Rainier Room (not the Brick
Bazaar room).  If you want to sell your wares to the public (not just conference
attendees) it is an option.  However it will require you to get a City of
Seattle Business Liscense (cost of around $45 I believe).  Or if you just have a
few sets to sell (not parts) there is a local toy dealer (Math 'n Stuff) who
will be there, and they have agreed to act as agent and sell for you.  You will
need to keep an eye on your own merchandise during the public time if you do
that.  If you are getting the liscense and want a table(s) during the public
[...]

Re: PromoBricks.com needs your help! (Pictures of Lego stores)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 21:01:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, James Trobaugh wrote:
You can find pictures of most of the store fronts on the LEGO.com site using
the store locator. Of course these pictures are property of LEGO.com but if
you asked nicely they might let you use them for your site....never hurts to
ask.

(Breezes through Lego's pictures http://www.lego.com/legostores/Default.asp?x=x)

Huh, what's the deal with Illinois? They've got "Woodfield, IL" and "Schaumburg,
IL" as two different stores, despite the fact that they point to the same store!
(Woodfield looks like it immediately bounces you to the Schaumburg page).

Interestingly, it doesn't look like they've updated the store locator with the
new stores yet (have they added any other new ones?). I notice that MA's new
Natick store isn't represented-- I think it's been around for... uh... almost a
month and a half now?

DaveE

(FUTting back to general)

Re: PromoBricks.com needs your help! (Pictures of Lego stores)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 19:48:20 GMT

Mark,

You can find pictures of most of the store fronts on the LEGO.com site using the store locator. Of course these pictures are property of LEGO.com but if you asked nicely they might let you use them for your site....never hurts to ask.

jt

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
   Hello everybody!

While I was checking out the newest Lego store in Ontario, CA (ok, getting the opening bricks would be a better term) I thought it would be nice to try to get a basic picture of the front of each Lego store that has issued a store-opening brick to link to on the Lego Store page of my site. Sadly, I can not travel the world to snap pictures of each storefront so I am calling out for help.

This is what I am looking for:
http://www.promobricks.com/img/ontariomillslegostore.jpg

Nothing fancy, just something that shows off the front of the store in an image that can be about that size. Of course - full photo credit would go to you (that pic only has my URL on it because I took the picture).

If you can help me out you can send me mail at my email listed in the header of this post, or on the header of any page on the site. If you do email me please name the email “Lego Store Picture” or something along these lines so I will not miss it. Another option is to reply to this post (of course please set the follow up to reflect the location of the store)

Thank you for any and all help!

Mark P
PromoBricks.com

Re: PromoBricks.com needs your help! (Pictures of Lego stores)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:29:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
   While I was checking out the newest Lego store in Ontario, CA (ok, getting the opening bricks would be a better term) I thought it would be nice to try to get a basic picture of the front of each Lego store that has issued a store-opening brick to link to on the Lego Store page of my site. Sadly, I can not travel the world to snap pictures of each storefront so I am calling out for help.

It is probably worth mentioning that some malls do not allow pictures to be taken inside the mall, and even if some malls do allow them, individual stores can still say no. I know this from experience.

Russell

BayLUG/BayLTC

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact