 Local / United States / Texas / Dallas/Ft. Worth / * (-5)
Subject:
State-wide TexLUG Meeting and Public Expo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.la, lugnet.loc.us.ar, lugnet.loc.us.ok, lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:27:33 GMT

Howdy!

All the AFOLs from Texas and neighboring states are invited to come see and/or
join the Fall 2006 State-Wide meeting and public display in Houston!

The details:

When: October 7-8th 2006
Saturday 7th 10am-5pm  Public Hours 1pm-5pm
Sunday 8th 1pm-5pm  Public Hours 1pm-3pm

Where: Clear Lake City - Country Freeman Branch, aka The Freeman Library
16616 Diana Lane
Houston, TX 77062
http://www.hcpl.net/branchinfo/fm/fminfo.htm

Theme: This season's theme is a combination of Castle and Space, so bring your
CCC buildings and your Moonbase Modules.  As always, MOCs of any theme are
welcome to be displayed.

See y'all there!

--Anthony

Subject:
TexLUG Fall 2004 Meeting Details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:49:04 GMT

Howdy All,

I've posted a few details (including directions) on our website about the
upcoming fall meeting:
http://www.texlug.org/fall2004.html

The meeting will be held at National Instruments in Austin on October 9 and 10
(Saturday and Sunday). If you have any questions, please post a reply here and
someone will answer you.

I look forward to seeing everyone again (and some new faces!) and your great
creations. Remember, we're building a Moonbase and space-themed layout!

best,
TJ Avery
www.texlug.org

Re: Coming to Texas - meet for lunch Saturday?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, lugnet.loc.us.tx
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:25:57 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, William R. Ward wrote:
Business trip.  Flying to DFW tomorrow morning, then driving to Nacogdoches.
Doing a Perl training class there, then driving back to DFW Saturday morning.  I
could maybe get together with a couple of AFOL's before my flight?  Not much
time there, but we could have lunch or something?  Preferably near/at the
airport.  Call my cell at 650-279-9904 or email bill@wards.net if you want to
arrange something.  I will try to check email and/or this thread from my laptop,
but the cell should definitely work.  Not planning to bring any MOC's but would
love to meet AFOL's and see what you've built...

I've passed a note on to the local DFW mailing list. I'm actually out of town,
but will be back on Saturday. I can likely get together then, and will check
with others in town.

Jake
----
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development

Subject:
Coming to Texas - meet for lunch Saturday?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, lugnet.loc.us.tx
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:33:05 GMT

--
Bill Ward
bill@wards.net

Subject:
Sunday meeting - Free lunch and Master Builder talk!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 21:34:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

All,

If you’re on the TexLUG or TexLUG-Dallas email lists, you may have already seen this. LEGOLAND California PR will be in Dallas next week for an “outside market tour”, promoting the LLC park outside of Southern California.

They have offered to set up a small event on Sunday (16 May) here in Dallas. They are trying to get some good footage of fans gathering that they can use on the morning shows next week, and thought we might be a good option. (So yes, TexLUG CAN make you famous!)

And in order to make it worth our while to come out, they are going all out for the event, and will have:
  • Free Lunch
  • Prize basket raffle
  • Giveaways for everyone
Oh, and the coolest part: they’re bringing Aaron Sneary, the newest Master Model Builder for the park. Aaron is the AFOL who was one of the three candidates chosen from the Search for the Master Builder competition last year. He’s going to give a “what I learned in my first weeks at LLC” type talk, and will be answering any other questions we might have.

If you are interested, please let me know ASAP so I can nail down the number of lunches we need. Details below! Feel free to bring friends, MOCs, or other LEGO stuff. Kids welcomed.

What: Meet with LLC and LLC Master Model Builder

Where: Dallas Hard Rock – upstairs room!

When: May 16, 12-1p

Why: Because LEGO is way cool

How: By any means necessary

Again, please let me know if you can make it ASAP. Sorry for the short notice!

Thanks!

Jake
---
Jake McKee