 Local / United States / Texas / Austin / * (-5)
Subject:
TEXLUG Austin meeting March 6, 2010
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 2010 13:06:02 GMT

A TEXLUG Austin Meeting

(Texas Lego Users Group)

Where: Anna’s Toy Depot

2620 S Lamar Blvd # B

Austin, TX 78704-5170

(512) 447-8697

When: Saturday March 6, 2010

3:30-5:00pm

Bring a MOC! There will be a contest with prizes!

Subject:
TEXLUG Austin meeting Nov. 7, 2009
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 2009 04:27:26 GMT

A TEXLUG Austin Meeting

Where: Anna’s Toy Depot

2620 S Lamar Blvd #B

Austin, TX 78704-5170

(512) 447-8697

When: Saturday November 7, 2009

4pm with dinner excursion afterwards

You are encouraged to bring a small MOC!

Subject:
TexLUG at Maker Faire Austin 2008
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:40:18 GMT

TexLUG was invited to participate at Maker Faire 2008 in Austin, Texas this past weekend. We’re not the first LUG to display at Maker Faire, but this was our first time, and we walked away with not one but two “Editor’s Choice” awards for our display/booth.

We were given a huge area to work with, which we filled with two displays - a Space/Moonbase and a Town/Train (with tall ships). We also had two areas for kids to come and build, one filled with Duplo, the other with regular System.

My pictures can be found here:

Gallery

We had a lot of fun and we hope that we’ll be invited back next year.

--Tony

Subject:
TexLUG-SA May Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 19:21:49 GMT

What: TexLUG-SA Meeting

When: May 19, 2007 - 1PM

Where: Goerke’s Country Tavern

Who: TexLUG Austin, San Antonio, and the surrounding areas. Or anyone else
interested in LEGO.

Why: Because we want too.

See: http://www.texlugsa.org/2007/05/09/may-meeting/ for more details.

Subject:
anybody in the Austin area have NXT?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:02:58 GMT

Would love to get together with you and talk about the set, share ideas, etc.

Or do you know ne1 that has the set? Or plans to get it? Or is leaning toward getting it?

Y’all may remember me from two Austin meetings: the last one I went to was 2002 (I think), which met at NI and I sold a lot of my LEGO (made like $400). I sold some cabinets of LEGO and most of my train stuff.

But I did not sell my LEGO Tecnic parts or LEGO robotics stuff, knowing that someday I would use them again... Perhaps that day is now.

PS--Little did we know that NI would be the software develop for nxt. Or did we know that? :)

Alan

A,TX

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact