 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 509
508  |  510
Subject:
TexLUG at Maker Faire Austin 2008
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:40:18 GMT

TexLUG was invited to participate at Maker Faire 2008 in Austin, Texas this past weekend. We’re not the first LUG to display at Maker Faire, but this was our first time, and we walked away with not one but two “Editor’s Choice” awards for our display/booth.

We were given a huge area to work with, which we filled with two displays - a Space/Moonbase and a Town/Train (with tall ships). We also had two areas for kids to come and build, one filled with Duplo, the other with regular System.

My pictures can be found here:

Gallery

We had a lot of fun and we hope that we’ll be invited back next year.

--Tony