 Local / United States / New York / Syracuse / * (-5)
Re: GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.loc.us.ny.roc, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:17:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ed McGlynn wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Wayne Sardullo writes:
I was in the Carosel Mall today and Came across a Small LEGO Store Selling
LEGOS. Apparently they are working together with one of the bookstores. I was
told depending on HOW GOOD things work out and sales they might go for a FULL
FLEDGED STORE!!!! I mentioned LUCNY and told them who I was and mentioned a
LAYOUT. While I expected a little more support Im sure if I talk to the Manager
who wasn't there it would be good....  If we can come up with something I think
we can get more support in the near future!!!

If you get some Time go to the mall and make a Ruckus about the Lego Place. Im
not going to say its any better then Toys R Us but at least we got something to
start with. The two woman there were suprised to know that there was a Lego
Users Group in CNY. This might be a good thing. The thing we have all been
waiting for!

its in the basement floor next to the UP escalators! across from finishline!

ENJOY!!
Wayne

...I'll have to check it out and introduce myself as well, so they know
you're not totally whacked, Wayne!  Grown people playing with LEGO bricks,
indeed - and the buggers have formed a user group?!

That's a pretty good location, I guess.  I've talked to the manager of the
Dawsonville, GA LEGO store there, where they too set up a test run store in
a mall, and have kept it going for a couple of years now.  They had good
visibility in the mall, and they seem to boom around the holidays, of
course.  Nice that we have one locally to support.

Ed

Just to close the loop and dust off an ancient thread...
LUCNY's building the Brand Ribbon and initial retail sets for the launch of the
LEGO Retail store in Eastview Mall, Victor, NY, scheduled for April 6th!

Ed

Subject:
Lego Users of Central New York (LUCNY) to show at Finger Lakes RailFair
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 07:31:35 GMT

For the third consecutive year, the Lego Users of Central New York (LUCNY) will
have a working LEGO­­® Train layout at the Finger Lakes RailFair.

The event is sponsored by the Cornell Railroad Historical Society, and the
Cornell Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society.
http://www.lehighvalleyrr.com/

Event Details:

Finger Lakes Railfair
April 23 and 24, 2005
Saturday 10 AM to 5 PM, Sunday 10 AM to 4 PM
Admission:  Adults $5.00, Children $2.00, Family $10.00

Located at "The Field"
1767 East Shore Drive (NY Route 34), Lansing, NY, 6 miles north of Ithaca
http://www.crcthefield.org

The LUCNY display will be a 16 foot by 26 foot working LEGO train layout.
Exciting features include a minimum of three operating trains at all times,
computer-controlled trains, a huge variety of locomotives and rolling stock, and
a contemporary cityscape all built entirely of LEGO bricks.
http://www.lucny.org

Subject:
LUCNY at Finger Lakes Rail Fair 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 17:58:50 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Here's a video segment used by an Ithaca, NY television station during our most
recent show at the Finger Lakes Rail Fair:

http://news10now.com/content/story_links/?ArID=17107&SecID=33

A partial transcript is also at this address, including this statment by the
video journalist - "But it's the Lego train layout that stole the show."

This was the second year we did this show, with a 16' x 24' layout.
We had a blast.  Check it out.

Ed

Subject:
LUCNY exhibiting at the Oswego Valley Railroad show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 12:19:04 GMT

LEGO Users of Central New York; LUCNY...

...will be displaying our latest buildings, rolling stock, automated switches,
modified track geometry, stock LEGO train kits, etc. at the 21st Annual Oswego
Valley Railroad Association's Train Show in Fulton, NY on November 8th and 9th.

The Oswego Valley show is a nice medium-sized show with a light-hearted and
family oriented theme.  The title of the show is listed officially as the "21st
Annual Christmas Town Express Model Railroad Show."

We're looking forward to greeting all our local and out of town LEGO enthusiasts
who wish to stop by.  We'll have lots of opportunities to show you our latest
creations and we'd be happy to run your 9v trains, either 6 or 8 wide or our
~12' x 20' layout.

Show hours are 10a-5p on the 8th, and 10a-4p on the 9th.  Parking's free, and
there's a nominal admission fee.  Come out and enjoy the cozy venue, with an
emphasis on family and trains.

Thanks,
Ed McGlynn
LUCNY

Re: GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.loc.us.ny.roc, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 21:29:44 GMT

"Wayne Sardullo" <sardullo@oswego.edu> wrote in message
---Snippage

Wait a minute...
How Big is this place?  Is it in a store front or a cart?
Is it in the spot where Mikasa was?  Or Compusa?
Those stores downstairs were semi-anchors last time I checked...
This may be a full fledged outlet...

Its outside of the actual stores in the walking area they have a small setup
with Lego stuff. I was a little upset because they didnt have any train stuff
and No technic...

The main things were starwars, HP, Some Duplo, Bioncle and galador... I
actually finally got to see Galidor today, Why is lego selling this? I • thought
Bioncle was pushing it but this otherstuff is FAR from being LEGO..? Maybe I
missed something?

Galidor sets as I see it aren't really Lego sets. They're action figures. So I
agree.
The two I currently have, have images in our brickshelf account here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=21652  The Jens figure may
have mech creating possibilities.
--
Thanx~