 Local / United States / New York / Buffalo / * (-5)
Re: in the area...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.buf
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 03:20:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Christina Hitchcock wrote:
Hello rtlToronto’ens,

I just wanted to know if there are any of you in the Niagara Falls area.   I’m in Buffalo till Saturday AM and wanted to see if there was anyone that might be interested in meeting up.   If so.. drop me a note.. and hopefully we can work something out.  Just drop me a note at :  chitchco[at]gmu[dot]edu

Christina

P.S.  the GMU account still works even though I no longer work there.

Hey Christina!!

We're having our monthly dinner fri night in T.O.

It may be difficult for you to get all the way to the Big Smoke from Buffalo.

I'll help where I can!

Dave K

Subject:
in the area...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.us.ny.buf
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:44:29 GMT

Hello rtlToronto’ens,

I just wanted to know if there are any of you in the Niagara Falls area.   I’m in Buffalo till Saturday AM and wanted to see if there was anyone that might be interested in meeting up.   If so.. drop me a note.. and hopefully we can work something out.  Just drop me a note at :  chitchco[at]gmu[dot]edu

Christina

P.S.  the GMU account still works even though I no longer work there.

Re: LEGO train Show in Niagara Falls,Canada presented by TheBrickArt
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.us.ny.buf, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ham
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2004 17:35:39 GMT

In lugnet.events, Marek Cyran wrote:
..hello there..just to remind you that there is a LEGO train show in Niagara
Falls, Canada presented by TheBrickArt running now...there are over 300m of
running tracks..16 trains run independently..including high speed TGV and
Shinkansen...also buildings inlcuding CN Tower(over 3m high)..bridges including
Golden Gate(over 5m long)..structures...etc...everything made of LEGO...the show
is located at 5072 Magdalen St..and Victoria St...just about 400 m from Clifton
Hill..the main street in Niagara Falls...
..regards..

Marek Cyran
TheBrickArt

RTLToronto and others-

Sorry up front for the cross-post, but I wanted to get this to the .loc and
.orgs in the area...

I just stopped in a lunch and Marek let me peek at his layout.

It is about 13m x 6m (about 42 x 20 ft), has several bridges (some ZNAP!), and a
large number of buildings, sculptures landscape areas, etc.  Wow!  All from one
guy who, by the way, hails from Mississauga.

It was pretty quiet there (Tuesday noon) but I expect it should be more crowded
on the weekend when I plan to return with my kids and a camera.

Admission is reasonable (<5$) especially by Niagara Falls standards!  As
mentioned after the previous post this is at the Polish Hall in Niagara Falls,
(free parking beside).  Marek is trying to make a go of TheBrickArt as a
business, doing shows, exhibitions, events and custom models.

So get off your duffs, RTLToronto, and make a road trip down to beautiful
Niagara Falls, only a 1 1/2 hour drive from downtown Toronto :)  I hear there a
couple of other things to see in town....something about a river, or a stream on
some little rocks or something, so come and make a day of it!

I'll (hopefully) be able to post some photo's after this weekend...

Rob Antonishen.

Re: Shall We?...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin, lugnet.loc.us.ny.roc, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, lugnet.loc.us.ny.buf
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:07:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, Dave Amos writes:
All,

Ill see what I can do about getting us a • lugnet.org.lucny or whatever, as
well as a spot on the world lug map.  Im also starting • on the webpage!
Great to see all of the activity!

-Dave
http://www.bricktannia.com

Congratulations boys!

It takes me leaving Syracuse for the ball to finally get
rolling... just my
luck... =8^)

Looks like I'll have to form my own LUG when I get off
this 7 day/night work
week)

                          johnNYblaze
                    (buildin' in Buffalo)

Re: On the road again....shuffle off to Buffalo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ny.buf
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 19:03:30 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, John Robert-Blaze Kanehl • writes:
In 48 hours I will be leaving Syracuse and moving...
Unfortunately, the bulk of my collection is going into • storage while I
shuttle between Rochester and Buffalo.
(looking for a new career, apartment, starting over • etc.)

Well, it took over 4 days just to pack my Lego away • into 12 18-gallon bins
and a dozen large boxes...(and I still keep finding • odels tucked away here
and there = )

You never really know/comprehend the size of your • collection til you have to
move it all somewhere else ...makes you wanna unload • some of your horde
=8^o "o my!"

Hopefully this isn't the beginning of a Dark Age, but • it certainly will be a
"brown out".  (I am still hoping to pick up a couple • SW sets to "fiddle
with" while I travel.)

I have some trades to conclude and a couple dozen • auctions to run and then I
will most likely be functionally off-line for quite • awhile...
(til I can set up my webtv or access a relative's • computer.)

I have truly enjoyed my time here on Lugnet.  It has • been an honor and a
pleasure to interact with all the AFOLs from all over • the world.  I look
forward to the day I can continue my projects, • contribute to CW again, and
update my webpage (I will probably keep paying my • webtv fee to keep my
website online for awhile)

If you have to contact me...please e-mail me at the • above e-mail address and
I will return your message ASAP.

Good Luck to you all...

Happy Holidays!

               Keep on buildin'

                       johnNYblaze44
                (...going Elvis for awhile)

The King lives?

Long live the King...Thank ya' vera much.. Uh-huh...

Noticing many posts from you in the last couple of
weeks.

Primarily in castle.ninja (I'm not alone anymore =8^)

I've been kinda of distracted only reading a bit here • and there, so it could
be longer than that...

I have been around intermittently...I was travelling
more a few weeks ago...for now, I am in Buffalo.

You've completed your move?

Complete is a relative term...lol  I will most likely be
moving again in a few month.  (don't know where, don't
know when...but I know I will)  Basically, most of my
stuff is still in boxes, but I managed to extricate some
clothes and arrange access to much of my ABS horde...

Buffalo?

Yes, Buffalo.  Less snow than Syracuse, a little less
sun than Miami...

Things going okay?

Pretty good so far...
I am adjusting slowly...did a few auctions, completed
some old Lego trades.

Cats OK?

Cats are temporarily living in my sisters spacious
abode...a virtual palace for cats with lots of rafters,
carpet, hiding places, and sunshine (heck, I wish I were
a cat now!)

I miss them "helping" me sort and "suggesting" which
elements to use by flicking a brick right between my
eyes...

Lego out of storage?

Actually, most of the Lego is stored away but, I have a
half dozen Rubbermaid containers in the corner of this
room.  (Mostly sets I haven't parted out, but there is a
tub brimming with MOCs from before the move...I'll take
pictures when I can)

sheree

Well, sheree, I hope all is well in your neck of the
woods and thanks for the "Welcome back"...
(I was only away for a couple months...I'll be on-line
more often now)

                         John

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact