 Local / United States / New Mexico / * (-5)
Re: Any LUG in the Albuquerque area?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nm
Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 00:01:42 GMT

There used to be. Back in 2002, two other AFOL's and I started one up. We met a
few times and for various personal reasons on each person's part, we sort of
drifted apart. Every now and then I come across these guys in a LUGNET post or
on an instant messager window. I think the other two may still correspond but
I'm not sure.

The AFOL at that time:
Don Bruce, Scott Runyan, myself Robert Graff

In 2003, James Mathis from Soccoro came up here at met with Scott and I. He is
the designer of the Santa Fe train passenger cars.

Don was known for his vast castle layouts and detailed ships. Scott has an
unusually large parts collection, including nearly every known minifig, and has
displayed a 7-foot model of a Texan skyscraper at the NM state fair for many
years. I create and sell mosaics and create stop-motion animation "brickfilms".

Re: Any LUG in the Albuquerque area?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nm
Date:
Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:43:36 GMT

Howdy,

It seems about time we start up a NMLUG.  I've been stuck in a dark ages since
undergrad (about 6 years now!), and its time to get out of the slump.  A local
LUG would be great motivation for getting building again!  Any interest for
setting one up?

Regards,
-Zach "The Lego Maniac"

In lugnet.loc.us.nm, Sean Forbes wrote:
Seems like it's been a while since anyone posted to the NM section, but a good
friend of mine is a designer/writer for the Albuquerque Journal and asked if
there was a Lego Club in the ABQ area.

If you're there and interested, please email me at catjuggling(at)gmail.com
(ignore the email address above I almost never use it anymore.

-Sean

Subject:
Any LUG in the Albuquerque area?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nm, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:22:05 GMT

Seems like it's been a while since anyone posted to the NM section, but a good
friend of mine is a designer/writer for the Albuquerque Journal and asked if
there was a Lego Club in the ABQ area.

If you're there and interested, please email me at catjuggling(at)gmail.com
(ignore the email address above I almost never use it anymore.

-Sean

Subject:
Still in New Mexico LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nm
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:31:38 GMT

Hello, Kevin, Scott, Don, and Robert,

You guys still New Mexico bound?

My name is James Mathis. I live in Socorro.  LEGO train fan.

I went to the State Fair Monday, September 08:
Saw the LEGO kids comp models display.
Spoke to a woman over-seeing the LEGO display cases.
Learned of guy named Marshall who had put out a sign-up sheet for
potentially setting up a New Mexico LEGO Builders Club (Duke City).
I put my contact info on the sheet.
Marshall wasn't there, but a couple of his models were in the display case
(not entered into the comp):  Large-scale Star Wars UCS-style
speeder-bike-style model-- sorry don't know the name of it.

I haven't heard from Marshall.  Do you know him?

I'd enjoy hearing from you.

later,
James Mathis
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
See my LEGO-related stuff at The BrickShelf:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=jamathis

Re: Second New Mexico AFOL meet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nm
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 00:38:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.nm, Robert Graff writes:

Scott and Don shared the story of how they met. They both happened to be
making purchases from the same Bricklink (then BrickBay) seller and she made
them both aware of each other.

Hey, it was eBay, and the seller was me!  I remember because I probably sold a
dozen LEGO lots EVER on eBay, and by coincidence, out of the three I had up
then, two were won by people in Albuquerque.

Glad to know the rest is history....

Maggie C.
mags912 on eBay

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact