 Local / United States / North Carolina / Durham / 12
11  |  13
Subject:
More local Lego shopping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc.dur, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 03:21:23 GMT

Now that I built one of my finds, I thought I'd report on Saturday's and
Tuesday's Lego shopping...

I checked out some used toy stores in Raleigh. There's one on Falls of the
Neuse Rd. which has a good quantity of Lego, unfortuanately, most of it is
for what may be more than list price. I did get a FOTD there though. They
had a 5976 River Expedition for $25. It was essentially built, I tore it
most of the way down so I could build it to verify parts (of course I could
also have compared it to the 2 new 5976s I have yet to open). All it was
missing was a handfull of accessories (guns etc.).

There is also a used/collectors toy store in Oaksomething or other shopping
center across from Pleasant Valley, unfortuanately they were at some toy
show, and weren't open Tuesday when I went by at 5:30 so no idea how hard it
is to get there when they're open. My guess is they won't be much good
though.

I also did a run out to Durham. The Kaybee at Northgate mall had a good
collection of reduced price sets. One good find was 4012 police boat for
$9.99.

I need to get back to Crabtree and pick up another Aqua Dozer, I built it
and it's a good source of green octagonal parts.

Oh, the Raleigh Zany Brainy has no Star Wars Lego.

Frank