 Local / United States / Montana / * (-5)
Subject:
English AFOL in the US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.mt
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2008 21:19:22 GMT

Hi all,
I'm a UK AFOL (and member of the Brickish Association), working over the summer
in Garryowen (near Hardin), Montana.

Just wondering if there are any AFOLs or AFOL-groups nearby?

Thanks,
David Tabner

Subject:
My new creation + my life story.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mt, lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 06:28:27 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey everyone, how's it going?  I've just completed my project for the Montana
State Fair (more can be read about that here:

http://news.lugnet.com/events/?n=471)

and I set up a little webpage to go along with it.  The page is designed to
give non-Lego-enthusiasts a view on what it's like to have Legos as a hobby, and
to also give the kids something to inspire them and get their imaginations
working toward building things of their own.  The page has got a few pictures of
my creation, The Crown of Asgard, as well as some insight into my life as an
AFOL.  So check it out if you've got the time and let me know what you think:

http://www.ragnarok7.com

And if you don't have the time and would just like to see the pictures, the
Brickshelf link is right here:

Wilson

Subject:
Restrospective on Classic Space Seminar at BrickFest PDX 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.loc.us.mt
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 04:54:39 GMT

Want to relive the good old days of Classic Space? Join me at BrickFest PDX 2004 for my Retrospective on Classic Space seminar. I’ll be sharing some of the highlights from my personal complete Space collection. See the old 70’s Rocket Set, the original Moon Lander, both versions of the Space Command Center, and a wide variety of hard to find classic sets, nearly all in original boxes (except 1593 and 6807). Or look though my complete collection of space set directions that will be on hand.

I need your help to make this great - if you have a request for any particular space set you would like to see, email me ahead of time at mattchiles@gorge.net and I will bring it along. See you at BrickFest PDX 2004!

-Matt Chiles
Brick Bazaar and Auction Coordinator, BrickFest PDX 2004, February 13-15, 2004
BrickFest | PNLTC | AuctionBrick

Re: Official BrickFest PDX Hotel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.nv, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.mt, lugnet.loc.us.wy, lugnet.loc.us.ut, lugnet.org, lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:04:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock wrote:
   Hi All,

Well we have an official BrickFest PDX hotel, the Red Lion. Details and photos are on the BrickFest PDX web site (http://pdx.brickfest.com/hotels.php). The Red Lion is located across the northeast corner from the Oregon Convention Center, about a 3 minute walk (maybe a 1 min walk actually) from the OCC front doors. It is also directly on the MAX (PDX light rail) train line; which comes directly from the airport (less then $2.00). Newly remodeled, this is one of the nicest hotels in the area, and includes a big lobby with online PC free to guests (20 minute limit courtesy).

Special BrickFest Rate: $69/night (regular $110/night). I have heard that others have found other hotel rates for slightly cheaper (~$5/night) but they are either farther away or much lower quality (according to Steve Barile who has personally been to all of them!). We aren’t getting any kick backs from the hotel, I just think it would be a lot of fun to all be in the same place… midnight lobby parties etc…

Christina Hitchcock

Co-Coordinator BrickFest PDX

The Red Lion has just extended their $69 rate until 15 days prior to the event. So, make your reservations before the 29th.

As of right now 21 days till BrickFest PDX !!!!

I can’t wait. This is going to be a blast.

Christina Hitchcock

Co-Coordinator

Subject:
Official BrickFest PDX Hotel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.nv, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.mt, lugnet.loc.us.wy, lugnet.loc.us.ut
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:17:36 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

[...]