 Local / United States / Minnesota / Minneapolis/St. Paul / 211
Re: Shopping question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 11:07:04 GMT

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 07:01:58 GMT, Steve Demlow <demlow@visi.com>
wrote:

Brian Olmstead <kleric@visi.com> wrote:

First off, how many local MSP Lugneeers(??) do we have reading this?

I can think of at least 20 AFOLs here in the Cities.  Not all of them read
Lugnet tho.  A bit of trivia: Todd Lehman (co-founder of Lugnet) used to
live here as well.

Secondly, what stores to people typically shop at up here in the Twincities? I
always hit Targets, TRUs, and if I'm at the MOA the KB store and of course the
LEGO store. Any other bastions of LEGo I should know about?

You can also try Zany Brainy, Toy Works, Tuesday Morning, and Big Lots.  The
latter two are closeout stores and may or may not have any Lego stock at any
given time.

Overall the Twin Cities is a pretty good place to live Lego-wise, although
there is getting to be quite a bit of competition for clearance Lego. :)

Steve

You missed the K's Kohl's and K Mart (well such as K Mart is, they
have more regular BOGO sales than the others) Kohl's had the Chrome
Knight Kingdom sets and has sales every so often.

Oh and Wal Mart occasionally has some good deals, I've that they are
opening 2 new stores, Elk River and Maple Grove? forgot the exact
locations, but definitely 2 new stores, soon I think.

There always has been competition, you just never knew whom it was,
:^)  plus there are the 'unwashed masses' (AKA non AFOL's or Lugnetter
types always looking for the cheap sets to contend with also)
I didn't get much clearance LEGO this year at all, a couple of Star
Wars sets and a small Castle set, it just wasn't around when I was
shopping...

Oh if you are into Castle or Spaceport themes watch your local grocery
stores, I've seen Roboriders at Cub and 1269 White Ninjas and a small
HTO spaceport set at RainBow foods.  Someone had seen some a while
back but I saw them for the first time at my local Rainbow a couple of
days ago.

If you really want to have an idea of who on Lugnet is in the Twin
Cities, browse the old posts in this group, most are by local
residents (or former residents :^)   A few are by passer by's or such.

Mike
--
All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)