 Local / United States / Minnesota / 160
Re: GMLTC Q's for A's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:00:00 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.mn, Max Braun wrote:
Howdy, I am new to lugnet and I have just moved back to the MN area after 6 yrs
in CO. I heard about the GMLTC and had a few questions.

1. How do you join GMLTC?

Come out and meet us sometime, we'd love to talk with you.  Our next tentatively
scheduled show will be in March in La Crosse, Wisconsin.

2. are there regular meetings?

We try to meet on Thursday nights, I try to be there just about every week.

3. if there are regular meetings how often and where?

Every week, Thursdays at Conan & Jency's house in "Nordeast" Minneapolis.  BUT,
right now the house is being completely remodelled, so all the bricks are packed
away and the only "building" that is being done is on the house!

4. is there a president or coordinator, secretary, and treasurer like in other
clubs

Nope.  We claim to be the most disorganized Lego train club in the world, and
we're sticking by that!  But, Conan is considered the "leader" of the group, and
if he says we're going to do something we do it.

5. is there a cost or dues?

Nope, but we sometimes donate $ or bricks to the club collection.

6. do you use the clubs bricks or your own?

99.5% of the bricks on the layout belong to Conan and his uncle Chuck.  The
other .5% are creations that someone has built out of their own supply and will
probably take home at the end of the show.  Or, those bricks might just end up
being donated to the club!

7. if you use your own bricks do you get them back?

If you're quick enough to grab them when we start packing up.  <grin>
Seriously, if you bring something to a show, you'll get it back.

8. If you get them back how do you tell them apart from john or jane doe's
bricks

As long as the bricks are built into something, we'll know who they belong to.
But if you bring over a box of loose bricks and dump them into the collection,
consider them gone.  :-)

9. how many members does the GMLTC have

About 12-15 members, but only 4 or 5 of us show up several times a month.  We're
hoping to find a few more club members who want to show up and build at least
twice a month.

10. how many events does GMLTC do each year and when are they

We don't do many events, I think we like "building" more than we like
"displaying".  We do the La Crosse show every year, we try to do a GATS show if
we can, we do a couple of weekends at the Jackson Street Roundhouse in St. Paul
(because we *love* that place!).  We've done a Scandinavian Festival in
Moorhead, MN, a couple of times, but I don't know if we'll be going back there
or not.  Out-of-town shows are difficult to do, because several club members
have young kids.

thank you for any answers you can give

Happy to help, hope to see you sometime soon!

JohnG, GMLTC