 Local / United States / Michigan / * (-5)
Subject:
FREE China Service for 8 with a purchase of LEGO DVD (Michigan residents only)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2012 23:57:08 GMT

OK.... this is going to be the strangest LEGO offer ever on LUGNET...

I have four 8 settings dinner service that I've been wanting to sell.  They're
too heavy to ship to sell on EBAY... and the folks in North Carolina
(Replacements Ltd.) only offer $2 per piece for everything that you want to sell
them... whether it's expensive Royal Doulton China or anything.  The bother of
packing this and shipping it to the Replacements Ltd. folks isn't worth the
bother.

So I'm offering a china place setting for 8 (8 cups, 8 saucers, 8 salad plates,
8 soup bowls, 8 dinner plates, a sugar & creamer, and a large vegetable serving
bowl) plus 5 extra serving pieces...  ALL FOR FREE... to any Michigan resident
who buys one of my LEGO DVD downloads... for $29.95 total.  That's something
like 55 cents per piece for this UNUSED china.

It's a Nautical pattern (great for Michigan) that shows the Compass Rose (as
seen on all modern and historical maps), and the cups, sugar & creamer all have
a similar almost Art Deco design.

Here's the pattern (and yes the sugar and creamer are selling at $17.95 each)...
http://search.replacements.com/texis/search?mode=&opts=&pr=Meta_20120806&dropXSL=html&prox=page&rorder=500&rprox=500&rdfreq=0&rwfreq=0&rlead=1000&rdepth=0&sufs=1&order=ClientCount-d&query=Victoria+%26+Beale+Montana&submit=Submit

This is at least a $200-$300 service... (these are UNUSED).  But these were
bought long ago for a Heslop store closeout... and I'm tired of them taking up
so much space.

The catch is... you have to come to my house in St. Clair Shores MI to pick them
up, and then I will send you the LEGO DVD download.

All for $29.95.

Also, I'll include Windsor Ontario (and environs) to the geography extent.

The only prices I have besides the sugar and creamer are these 2 pieces...
http://www.replacements.com/webquote/VBEMON.htm#2188184

And if you want to buy 2 or 3 or all 4 settings of 8... help yourself...  I may
have some actual DVDs left over into the mix.

Like I said... this is a strange offer... but since Michigan is a Nautical area,
this service is perfect for a soiree on the quarterdeck of your pleasure craft!
:)

If anyone wants to order...
http://legocollectorsguide.weebly.com/

If by chance you want a DVD... DO NOT pick a selection involving mailing... if
you're going to pick it up... why would you want to pay a mailing charge? :)

Cheers,
Gary

P.S.  I would even include as far away as Toledo... and like I said... if
someone wants to buy a place setting of 16 versus just 8... help your self! :)

Subject:
Maker Faire is coming to metro Detroit! Call for makers opened
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:21:14 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Maker Faire is an event created by Make Magazine to “celebrate arts, crafts, engineering, science projects and the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) mindset.”

Maker Faire has been held in the Bay Area (SF, California) for a number of years, and BayLUG has participated, quite spectacularly. Maker Faire is expanding to come to more places... among the places it’s coming this year will be the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan. It will be held 31 July and 1 August, 2010, a weekend. All Makers are encouraged to attend.

The Call for Makers went out yesterday. If you’re a Maker (we all are Makers!) and you’re able to get there, you should consider registering.

What to show off? Well, you should probably plan to show just one thing or one related set of things, rather than get spread too thin trying to show off everything you’ve ever Made. Things that move are especially welcome. So bring those bots, those Great Ball Contraptions, those remote control models, and your train layouts! But anything that shows off something neat about our hobby is certainly welcome. Sign up early, the cut off is 31 May 2010.

Here’s the link to register: Call for Makers for Maker “city” Faire

Hope to see you there!!!!

Larry Pieniazek

MTW logo

Subject:
Brick Bash 2007 !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:14:07 GMT

Greetings to my fellow Michigan AFOLs!

The third annual Brick Bash will be held on Saturday, March 24, in Ann Arbor. Brick Bash is a public LEGO exhibition for all ages, where we present many different LEGO creations and hands-on experiences for the public to see and experience. Last year we had thirteen exhibitors and 700 visitors. An additional feature of Brick Bash is education, and to that end we also include some hands-on learning experiences, such as free robotics lessons provided by one of our Gold Sponsors, Rocks and Robots summer camp.

All AFOLs are invited to come show off their LEGO creations and have some fun for a day. Admission is free, for both exhibitors and visitors. This invitation is for individuals as well as the whole LUG.

Let me know if you’re interested. More info at www.BrickBash.com.

Thanks,

Duane Collicott / Bricks for Brains

Subject:
MichLUG Meeting -- September 30th, 2006
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2006 16:41:18 GMT

The next MichLUG meeting will be held next Saturday. Come see a
variety of members' creations and bring your own to show off! For
part of the time, we will hold a club business meeting including
opening nominations for next year's officers.

Dates: Saturday, September 30th, 2006 - 1:00 pm till ~5:00

Address: Jim Garrett's house in Redford, MI. Email him for
directions: jsgarrett at twmi dot rr dot com

Questions regarding the meeting or MichLUG in general should be
directed towards Peter Guenther at peter at michlug dot org.

The Michigan LEGO Users Group is not endorsed by or affiliated
with the LEGO Group.

--
Peter Guenther
President, MichLUG

Re: First SE Michigan AFOL gets $400+ sets for only $30 TODAY!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 20:18:30 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.mi, Peter F. Guenther wrote:

I don't collect these sets, and I just want to get rid of them to a worthwhile
Southeast Michigan AFOL.  First person that gets to my house can have the entire
lot for only $30. (Email contact first)

I tried sending you an email but it's being blocked.  I'll fill out the form,
but you can email me at this address.  Count me interested.

Peter

Well Peter was first.... and we've already set up a pickup time (today)....Sold!

Thanks for the interest folks!

Gary

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact