 Local / United States / Kansas / 58
Re: Newswatch: Fifth Legoland Park in Kansas City area in 2009
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:07:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ks, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
I think on their (LLCA's) best day more people are standing in line for
Space Mountain at Disneyland than for all the rides at LLCA combined.

But hey - if they have a promobrick program then it can't be all that bad ;)

Mark
http://www.promobricks.com

I'd rather go to an amusement park where I wasn't standing in line for hours.
Standing in line is not my idea of a fun vacation - especially with short
attention span 4-12 year olds.

If Legoland purposely cuts off attendance each day to insure small lines, charge
a high gate fee, and can still make a profit, I think that's a viable and
successful business model. I heard once that LLCA was struggling financially, so
maybe the model needs some fine tuning - and maybe the new operators have
already tuned it enough where they have confidence in opening a new LL in Kansas
City.

Don't worry though - I'll make sure to get you some promobricks when it opens :)
(nice website btw)