 Local / United States / Kansas / 55
Re: Newswatch: Fifth Legoland Park in Kansas City area in 2009
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 18:18:37 GMT

(crossposting to .legoland)

In lugnet.announce, Mark Chan wrote:

Tourism experts say a Legoland theme park would have the name recognition and
reputation to bring visitors to the Kansas City area from as far as Minneapolis,
Denver, Dallas and Chicago.

To re-state what I posted on BL:

I think these "tourism experts" need to find new jobs lol. LLCA has trouble
getting people from as close as LA and SD to go to the park. The only reason out
of towners go there is because it makes for a nice side trip between their visit
to Disneyland and Sea World. It is bad enough that in the middle of the summer,
when theme parks are supposed to be packed LLCA is a ghost town for the most
part. I think on their (LLCA's) best day more people are standing in line for
Space Mountain at Disneyland than for all the rides at LLCA combined.

I would really hate to see a LL park fail, but if they build it in any other
location than the theme-park area in Florida or somewhere in New York it will
fall flat on its face - and do so very quickly. Heck, I think even a NY one
would fail because the park would have to be closed for a good part of the year
because of snow.

But hey - if they have a promobrick program then it can't be all that bad ;)

Mark
http://www.promobricks.com