 Local / United States / Hawaii / 31
Re: LEGO Decorated Christmas Trees
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.hi
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2008 20:14:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.hi, Nelson Yrizarry wrote:

On Nov. 30, 2008, the members of LEAHI gathered to create LEGO ornaments for a Christmas tree to be displayed at Punahou School for the holiday season. We weren’t expecting two trees, but we spent some additional time just building and having fun.

This was a very fun group activity that any LUG can do. Everything on the tree, except for the lights, are made from LEGO elements - the ornaments, the toppers, the garland, and the presents - are all made of LEGO.

A very Merry Christmas to all from the members of LEAHI - the LEGO Enthusiasts Association of Hawaii.

“Big Daddy” Nelson

It sure was fun! We were “limited” by the parts on hand at a school Lego robotics lab, so we had to be a lot more creative using the limited range of parts and colors. I think the more abstract ornaments, especially using gears, wheels, and technic parts are pretty cool.

Roy