 Local / United States / Florida / Orlando / * (-5)
Subject:
A small meet-up to trade Lego Minifigures at the store in Downtown Disney Orlando?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl
Date:
Sat, 14 May 2011 15:07:43 GMT

Would anyone be interested in having a small get-together at the Lego
Imagination Center in Downtown Disney to trade minifigures?

Reading those bumps on the packages is really tough. I wasn't able to get a
complete set of Series 3, but I ended up with a few duplicates. I'm not even
going to bother trying to read the bumps for Series 4.

A trading get-together would be fun. :-) Besides, the newly-renovated store is
beautiful, and has some truly amazing new Lego statues.

Re: Lego artist needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:37:40 GMT

In lugnet.events, Carolyn Redmond wrote:
Hello,

I work for an event planning company in Philadelphia and we are in need of an
expert Lego artist for an event in Orlando on February 25-28. We are looking for
someone to construct either a 6'x4'x2' bridge or a giant seashell (approximately
the same size) for an exhibit booth. Ideally, the individual would build the
structure in front of exhibit attendees during the afternoons of these days. If
necessary, we are open to some pieces being built ahead of time to allow for
construction time.

This is a compensated job. We can discuss further details off-line.

If you are interested and available, please email me a reply post. If you have
any photo samples of your work, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Carolyn

Hi the pro builders are a good lot, Nathan does custom work (called the brick
artist), you can also check with the clubs, some of them do amazing work as
well.

www.brickmuseum.net

Dan

Subject:
Lego artist needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 23:12:48 GMT

Hello,

I work for an event planning company in Philadelphia and we are in need of an
expert Lego artist for an event in Orlando on February 25-28. We are looking for
someone to construct either a 6'x4'x2' bridge or a giant seashell (approximately
the same size) for an exhibit booth. Ideally, the individual would build the
structure in front of exhibit attendees during the afternoons of these days. If
necessary, we are open to some pieces being built ahead of time to allow for
construction time.

This is a compensated job. We can discuss further details off-line.

If you are interested and available, please email me a reply post. If you have
any photo samples of your work, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Carolyn

Re: Orlando LIC opening day misprint bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 17:04:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, Brian Kendig wrote:
   The Orlando Lego Imagination Center is selling its supply of opening day “misprint” bricks.

These are the yellow 2x2x2 Duplo bricks with the red Lego dinosaur on one side and the Lego logo on the other side. Under the dinosaur they’re supposed to have text representing the store, but on these misprints, the letters only show up as black dots. These bricks have been used in displays at the store from time to time. Now, there’s one in each $8 ‘grab bag’ sold at the store, and you can get another for free by signing up at the store for the Lego mailing list.

The corrected bricks were given out on the store’s Grand Reopening day, and were gone within hours.

Brian -

Thanks for the info and the heads up! I have updated PromoBricks.com with this new info.

I will be in Orlando at the end of October, maybe they will still have a few left for my visit :)

Mark P
www.PromoBricks.com

Subject:
Orlando LIC opening day misprint bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 02:13:06 GMT

The Orlando Lego Imagination Center is selling its supply of opening day
"misprint" bricks.

These are the yellow 2x2x2 Duplo bricks with the red Lego dinosaur on one side
and the Lego logo on the other side. Under the dinosaur they're supposed to have
text representing the store, but on these misprints, the letters only show up as
black dots. These bricks have been used in displays at the store from time to
time. Now, there's one in each $8 'grab bag' sold at the store, and you can get
another for free by signing up at the store for the Lego mailing list.

The corrected bricks were given out on the store's Grand Reopening day, and were
gone within hours.

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact