 Local / United States / Florida / (-20)
Re: Does anyone know of Discounted Legoland Tickets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland, lugnet.loc.us.fl
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:00:08 GMT

In lugnet.legoland, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
Hi those of you who still lurk on Lugnet..

We will be visiting LEGOLAND Florida during the middle of January for 1 day, And
I remember hearing about a Buy an adult ticket get a kids ticket free
deal/coupon years ago. Does anyone know if that still exists? Or does anyone
know of any other deals Besides CAA/AAA discounts.

Jeff VW

Posting to my own post...

<https://secure4.gatewayticketing.com/legolandflorida/shop/ViewItems.aspx?CG=mcdonalds&C=mcdonalds>

I found my answer on retailmenot.com

Jeff VW

Subject:
Does anyone know of Discounted Legoland Tickets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland, lugnet.loc.us.fl
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2013 15:54:08 GMT

Hi those of you who still lurk on Lugnet..

We will be visiting LEGOLAND Florida during the middle of January for 1 day, And
I remember hearing about a Buy an adult ticket get a kids ticket free
deal/coupon years ago. Does anyone know if that still exists? Or does anyone
know of any other deals Besides CAA/AAA discounts.

Jeff VW

Subject:
GFLUG at Tampa Train Show - Dec 17-18, 2011
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2011 03:31:45 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

For Immediate Release
Contact: Robin Werner

TAMPA, FLORIDA - The Greater Florida LEGO Users Group (GFLUG) is proud to announce its participation in the Tampa Model Train Show this December 17-18, 2011 at the Florida State Fairgrounds Special Events Center.

The GFLUG all LEGO Gauge train layout will feature our large Downtown Tampa scene with various skyscrapers, buildings, highways, a working drive-in and much more. There will be multiple loops of running LEGO Trains and even more trains on display in the two large working railroad yards. Also, don’t miss the Kids Build and Play area where you can build with thousands of LEGO Bricks!

Show details:

http://www.gserr.com

7th Tampa Model Train Show
December 19 and 20, 2009
Florida State Fairgrounds
Special Events Center
Martin Luther King Boulevard
Tampa, Florida

Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 9am - 5pm
Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 10am - 4pm

There is a admission fee for Adults, kids 12 and under FREE w/adult. Also there is a fee for parking (so carpool with friends)

One dollar off adult coupon: http://www.gserr.com/shows/DiscountCard5.htm

--
Robin Werner
Co-Founder, GFLUG/GFLTC http://www.gflug.org

Subject:
LEGOLAND® Florida Construction Right on Track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland, lugnet.loc.us.fl
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2011 12:13:24 GMT

LEGOLAND Construction Right on Track

By GARY WHITE
THE LEDGER

Officials say the Winter Haven attraction is set to open in 99 days

WINTER HAVEN - The countdown toward the opening of LEGOLNAD® Florida has passed the 100-day mark.

As of today, just 99 days remain until the attraction’s scheduled first day, Oct. 15, at the former Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven.

Construction is on track, and hiring is in high gear, LEGOLAND Florida spokeswoman Jackie Wallace said Thursday.

“We have construction workers hard at work six days a week,” she said. “Every single day the park looks completely different. Sidewalks are being poured; pavers are being put down. It’s an incredible process.”

Wallace said construction is proceeding in all 10 zones of the park. She said several rides have been fully installed and are now being tested.

Among the rides now in place at the 150-acre property are The Royal Joust, the LEGO Technic Test Track Coaster and the Aquazone Wave Racer. Wallace said tracks are in place for several roller coasters, though the cars have not yet been installed.

About 500 construction contractors work at the LEGOLAND site on a typical day, Wallace said.

In addition, new elements of the park’s showcase, Miniland USA, are arriving each week, Wallace said. Miniland USA will feature miniature replicas of famous buildings and monuments made from millions of Lego bricks. Wallace said much of the New York City section is now in place.

The park has been overwhelmed with applicants for its front-line jobs, Wallace said. LEGOLAND Florida began posting openings for “Model Citizens” on June 1, and Wallace said more than 6,000 people have applied since then.

She said LEGOLAND has so far hired 245 of the approximately 800 front-line workers it plans to add before the opening date. Wallace said new hires will begin training and orientation in mid-August.

LEGOLAND Florida announced Wednesday on its Facebook page that it will offer preview dates for annual pass holders before the grand opening. Wallace said details will come later.

The Facebook announcement also said a free child ticket will be offered for the opening weekend with the purchase of an adult single-day ticket. Quantities of those tickets are limited.

LEGOLAND Florida has generated excitement, but so far that hasn’t yet translated into many reservations, according to one local hotel manager.

Bob Rogers, manager of the Winter Haven Days Inn, said his staff is fielding many inquiries about LEGOLAND. He said guests have plucked up more than 200 LEGOLAND brochures from the hotel’s lobby, yet so far few people have made reservations for the period around Oct. 15.

Days Inn, a partner in LEGOLAND Bed & Brick Preferred Hotel campaign, has a link on the park’s website. Rogers said the link has produced about 50 hits.

“We at the hotel are expecting in August we’re going to see reservations start coming in,” Rogers said.

Mark Jackson, director of Polk County Tourism and Sports Marketing, said the agency is gearing up for increased marketing of LEGOLAND. One example, he said, is the agency will soon promote LEGOLAND on billboards along interstates in Florida.

Jackson said his agency is also coordinating with LEGOLAND to bring international travel writers in to tour the park. He said his organization, in conjunction with the University of South Florida Polytechnic, has lined up a First LEGO League robotics competition to be held next May at LEGOLAND.

TheLedger.com

-end of report-

Subject:
LEGOLAND® Florida Announces Opening Date
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland, lugnet.loc.us.fl
Date:
Mon, 23 May 2011 13:21:22 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

LEGOLAND® Florida Announces Opening Date

World’s Largest LEGOLAND Park Will Debut Saturday, October 15, 2011

May 23, 2011 (Business Wire) — To the delight of youngsters everywhere, LEGOLAND® Florida today revealed its official opening date: Saturday, October 15, 2011.

Inspired by America’s love affair with all things LEGO®, the new 150-acre theme park will cater to kids ages 2 to 12 with more than 50 “pink-knuckle” rides – from roller coasters to race cars – as well as family focused shows and attractions.

Park officials disclosed the date, a closely guarded secret since the park broke ground last year, to help families already planning vacations in the fall.

“I’d estimate 80 percent of the inquiries we’ve received have been about our opening date,” said LEGOLAND Florida sales manager Todd Andrus. “Guests are all but begging to know the date, so they can book their flights and accommodations, and purchase admission tickets.” The park also unveiled a new online reservations program to make the vacation booking experience even easier. Travelers can now book tickets, accommodations, airlines and rental cars through the LEGOLAND Florida website.

“Planning a family vacation can be daunting, especially for families with very young children,” said Andrus, a father and frequent traveler. “Packing alone is enough to overwhelm even the most organized parents. That’s why we designed our online system to be both user-friendly and convenient, allowing parents to book the essentials and then print out everything they’ll need right at home.”

The other key benefit of the program, Andrus explained, is that it features 13 preferred hotels in Central Florida that are officially endorsed by the park. Part of the “Bed & Brick” program, the hotels are all family friendly and collectively provide a range of price points and assets to accommodate different styles and budgets. Each of the hotels in the program will offer special rates and ticket/room packages.

For more information:
www.LEGOLAND.com
Facebook.com/LEGOLANDFlorida
Twitter @LEGOLANDFlorida

LEGOLAND® Florida opens October 15, 2011 and will be a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Located midway between Orlando and Tampa, just 45 minutes from either city center, the park features more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. There are currently four other LEGOLAND Parks in the world – LEGOLAND California in Carlsbad, LEGOLAND Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND Deutschland near Günzburg, Germany and LEGOLAND Windsor outside of London. The LEGOLAND theme parks are a part of Merlin Entertainments Group, the second largest attractions operator in the world. For the most current information, log on to www.LEGOLANDFloridaResort.com.

MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment, and has seen the most successful and dynamic growth of any company in the sector over the last five years. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 74 attractions, six hotels/two holiday villages in 17 countries and across four continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its 43.6 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and more than 15,000 employees. Merlin Entertainments operates the following attractions – SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, The EDF Energy London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures Resort, Heide Park, Earth Explorer, Sydney Aquarium, Sydney Wildlife World, Sydney Tower Observatory and Skywalk, Kelly Tarlton’s Antarctic Encounter Underwater World, Oceanworld Manly and Hamilton Island Koala Gallery. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.

Source: Gamutnews

-end of report-

Subject:
GFLUG at the Orange Blossom Special Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 03:49:24 GMT

For Immediate Release
Contact: Robin Werner

MANATEE COUNTY, FLORIDA - The Greater Florida LEGO Users Group and Train Club (GFLUG/GFLTC) is proud to announce its participation in the RealRail’s Orange Blossom Special Train Show this February 27-28, 2010 at the Manatee Civic Center.

The GFLUG/GFLTC all LEGO Gauge train layout will feature the Downtown Tampa Scene with skyscrapers. There will be multiple loops of running LEGO Trains and even more trains on display in the railroad yard. Also, don’t miss the Kids Build and Play area where you can build with thousands of LEGO Bricks!

Show details:
http://realrail.org/Shows.asp

RealRail’s Orange Blossom Special Train Show
Manatee County Convention and Civic Center
1 Haben Blvd, Palmetto, Florida

Saturday, February 27, 2010 - 10am till 4pm
Sunday, February 28, 2010 - 10am till 3pm

Admission: Adults, $7.00, kids FREE.

Directions from Tampa and St. Petersburg:

Take 275 south over the Sunshine Skyway bridge. After the Skyway, take US 19 South. 19 will end and merge with US 41. Just after this point, US 41 will split into US 41 & Business 41. Stay left on US 41 (towards Bradenton). You will go up and down 2 times (2 overpasses) and through 2 traffic lights. After that, when you come to the 3rd light, the Manatee Civic Center is on the left at the 3rd light (Haben Blvd).

--
Robin Werner
Co-Founder, GFLUG/GFLTC

Subject:
GFLUG at Tampa Train Show - Dec 19-20, 2009
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 2009 01:22:47 GMT

For Immediate Release
Contact: Robin Werner

TAMPA, FLORIDA - The Greater Florida LEGO Users Group (GFLUG) is proud to announce its participation in the Tampa Model Train Show this December 19-20, 2009 at the Florida State Fairgrounds Special Events Center.

The GFLUG all LEGO Gauge train layout will feature our large Downtown Tampa scene with various skyscrapers, buildings, highways and more. There will also be a large beach scene with condos, hotels, a fishing pier and water front homes. There will be multiple loops of running LEGO Trains and even more trains on display in the large railroad yards. Also, don’t miss the Kids Build and Play area where you can build with thousands of LEGO Bricks!

Show details:

http://www.gserr.com

5th Tampa Model Train Show
December 19 and 20, 2009
Florida State Fairgrounds
Special Events Center
Martin Luther King Boulevard
Tampa, Florida

Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 9am - 5pm
Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 10am - 4pm

Admission: Adults, $8.00, kids 12 and under FREE w/adult. There is a Fee for parking (so carpool with friends)

Dollar off adult coupon: http://www.gserr.com/shows/DiscountCard2.htm

--
Robin Werner
Co-Founder, GFLUG/GFLTC

Subject:
GFLTC at the Tampa Train Show - Dec. 20-21, 2008
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2008 03:46:15 GMT

For Immediate Release
Contact: Robin Werner

TAMPA, FLORIDA - The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (GFLTC) is proud to announce its participation in the Tampa Model Train Show this December 20-21, 2008 at the Florida State Fairgrounds Special Events Center.

The GFLTC all LEGO Gauge train layout will feature our large Downtown Tampa scene with various skyscrapers, buildings, houses and more. There will be multiple loops of running LEGO Trains and even more trains on display in the expanded railroad yard. Also, don’t miss the Kids Build and Play area where you can build with thousands of LEGO Bricks!

Show details:

http://www.gserr.com

4th Tampa Model Train Show
December 20 and 21, 2008
Florida State Fairgrounds
Special Events Center
Martin Luther King Boulevard
Tampa, Florida

Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 9am - 5pm
Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 10am - 4pm

Admission: Adults, $8.00, kids 12 and under FREE w/adult.
There is a Fee for parking (so carpool with friends)

Dollar off adult coupon:
http://www.gserr.com/shows/DiscountCard2.htm

--
Robin Werner
President and Co-Founder, GFLTC

Re: Lego artist needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:37:40 GMT

In lugnet.events, Carolyn Redmond wrote:
Hello,

I work for an event planning company in Philadelphia and we are in need of an
expert Lego artist for an event in Orlando on February 25-28. We are looking for
someone to construct either a 6'x4'x2' bridge or a giant seashell (approximately
the same size) for an exhibit booth. Ideally, the individual would build the
structure in front of exhibit attendees during the afternoons of these days. If
necessary, we are open to some pieces being built ahead of time to allow for
construction time.

This is a compensated job. We can discuss further details off-line.

If you are interested and available, please email me a reply post. If you have
any photo samples of your work, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Carolyn

Hi the pro builders are a good lot, Nathan does custom work (called the brick
artist), you can also check with the clubs, some of them do amazing work as
well.

www.brickmuseum.net

Dan

Subject:
Lego artist needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 23:12:48 GMT

Hello,

I work for an event planning company in Philadelphia and we are in need of an
expert Lego artist for an event in Orlando on February 25-28. We are looking for
someone to construct either a 6'x4'x2' bridge or a giant seashell (approximately
the same size) for an exhibit booth. Ideally, the individual would build the
structure in front of exhibit attendees during the afternoons of these days. If
necessary, we are open to some pieces being built ahead of time to allow for
construction time.

This is a compensated job. We can discuss further details off-line.

If you are interested and available, please email me a reply post. If you have
any photo samples of your work, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Carolyn

Re: living in FL now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam, lugnet.loc.us.fl.stp, lugnet.loc.us.fl
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:52:56 GMT

Felix Greco wrote:
Hello!

I just wanted to drop a note that I'm now living in the Tampa/St Pete
area.  I'm working in St Petersburg but living in Apollo Beach.  Once
I'm set up with everything I'd love to start getting involved with
the local lugs.

<http://www.lugnet.com/~94/ Felix>

I didn't manage to arrange to hook up with Tampa Bay/GFLTC folks this year
at the holidays, but my fiance and I did run into Felix at the Dali museum.
It was great to see you Felix.

Frank

Subject:
GFLTC at GTE Tampa – Images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 02:44:08 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Train Fans,

The members of the Greater Florida LEGO Train Club had a display the Great Train Expo in Tampa Florida over the New Year’s weekend (December 30-31, 2006). The 18 x 18 ft layout featuring the downtown Tampa skyline with three running train loops and models constructed by Aaron C, KK Quah, Scott M, Michael Huffman, Felix Greco and Myself.

Here are pictures of the Show... Check them out on BrickShelf:

Build on...
Robin Werner
GFLTC and GFLUG

Subject:
living in FL now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam, lugnet.loc.us.fl.stp, lugnet.loc.us.fl
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 02:54:11 GMT

Hello!

I just wanted to drop a note that I’m now living in the Tampa/St Pete area. I’m working in St Petersburg but living in Apollo Beach. Once I’m set up with everything I’d love to start getting involved with the local lugs.

Felix

Subject:
93 year old volunteer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.fl
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:56:35 GMT

While doing some year-end reading, I came across an article of a 93 year old man
who uses LEGO© bricks to teach gifted kids in school.  Please see the following
link to the article in this actuarial magazine.

http://www.contingencies.org/novdec05/endpaper_1105.pdf

Play well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.lugnet.com/~19/

Subject:
GFLTC at the SMRC Train Show - Dec. 10-11, 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 03:04:03 GMT

For Immediate Release
Contact: Robin Werner
robinw A_T gfltc D-O-T org

MANATEE COUNTY, FLORIDA - The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (GFLTC) is proud
to announce its participation in the Sarasota Model Railroad Club (SMRC) Holiday
Train Show this December 10-11, 2005 at the Manatee Civic Center. This will be
the GFLTC’s 10th layout at a SMRC show since the year 2001.

The GFLTC all LEGO Gauge train layout will feature a large downtown scene with
skyscrapers and a working monorail line. There will be multiple loops of running
LEGO Trains and even more trains on display in the railroad yard. Also, don't
miss the Kids Build and Play area where you can build with thousands of LEGO
Bricks!

Show details:

http://www.smrc.org/CurrentTrainShow.htm

The SMRC Model Railroad Show
Manatee County Convention and Civic Center
1 Haben Blvd, Palmetto, Florida

Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 10am till 4pm
Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 10am till 3pm

Admission: Adults, $6.00, kids FREE.

Directions from Tampa and St. Petersburg:

Take 275 south over the Sunshine Skyway bridge.  After the Skyway, take US 19
South.  19 will end and merge with US 41.  Just after this point, US 41 will
split into US 41 & Business 41.  Stay left on US 41 (towards Bradenton).  You
will go up and down 2 times (2 overpasses) and through 2 traffic lights.  After
that, when you come to the 3rd light, the Manatee Civic Center is on the left at
the 3rd light (Haben Blvd).

--
Robin Werner
President and Co-Founder, GFLTC

Subject:
GFLTC at the Scale Rail Train Show - Nov. 26-27, 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 02:32:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

For Immediate Release
Contact: Robin Werner
robinw A-T gfltc D-O-T org

FORT MYERS, FLORIDA - The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (GFLTC) is
proud to announce its participation in the Scale Rails Holiday Train
Show this November 26-27, 2005 at the Ramada Inn Riverfront. This
will be GFLTC only visit to southwest Florida this year and the
first of two remaining 2005 train shows for us. The other train show
will be north in the Tampa Bay area in December.

The GFLTC all LEGO Gauge train layout will feature a large downtown
scene with skyscrapers and a working monorail line. There will be
multiple loops of running LEGO Trains and even more trains on
display in the railroad yard. Also, don't miss the Kids Build and
Play area where you can build with thousands of LEGO Bricks!

Show details:
Scale Rails Holiday Train Show
November 26 and 27, 2005
Saturday - 10am-4pm / Sunday - 10am-3pm
Admission: $5 Adults, $2 Teens and Children Free.

Ramada Riverfront
2500 Edwards Drive
Fort Myers, Florida 33901
Phone: 239-337-0300 Fax: 239-337-7528

Driving directions:
NORTH: I-75 Exit #141(Palm Beach Blvd) West 5 Miles to Property.

SOUTH: I-75 Exit #141(Palm Beach Blvd) West 5 Miles to Property.

EAST: State Road 80 (Palm Beach Blvd) heading West past I-75 five
miles.

WEST: By Boat Only.

AIRPORT: RSW-1600 Chamberlin Pkwy-12 Miles Go to Daniels Parkway
heading West to I-75. Take I-75 northbound to exit 141 (Palm Beach
Blvd) Take Palm Beach Blvd West about 5 miles. The hotel is the
large 24 story coral-colored building on the right. Page Field-4
Miles Head North on Cleveland Ave (US-41) make a right onto First
Street right before crossing the bridge. Make a left at the first
light onto Monroe Ave. Head North on Monroe Ave until it ends at
Edwards Drive. Make a right onto Edwards. The hotel is the large 24
story coral-coclored building on the right.

Additional information may be obtained on our club web site at
http://www.gfltc.org or via mail to the "Greater Florida LEGO Train
Club (GFLTC) - PO Box 16552 - Clearwater, FL 33766-6552".

--
Robin Werner
President and Co-Founder, GFLTC

Subject:
Festival of the Masters in Orlando Nov 11-13 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 20:24:42 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The GFLUG/GFLTC will have a display at Festival of the Masters this weekend at
the LEGO Store at Downtown Disney. The display will feature the History of
Humanity (HoH) in LEGO bricks. This is the only big event for us in the Orlando
area this year, so stop in and check it out! See the Event Calendar on
www.gfltc.org for more information and other great events.

We will feature about 20 scenes from vignette size all the way to 3x4 green
baseplate size depicting a historical scene.  To encourge interaction, we
have display cards with questions for the audience to answer.  This is one of
Disney's largest events (basically an art show) and is expected to attract
200,000 people.
Most of the scenes will be MOCs by Lenny Hoffman, Robin Werner and KK Quah and
this will be our third time in this event.

Festival of the Masters
November 11, 12 and 13, 2005
9:30 am-5:30 pm
LEGO Imagination Center
Downtown Disney Marketplace
Orlando, Florida

KK Quah

Re: PromoBricks.com needs your help! (Pictures of Lego stores)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 21:01:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, James Trobaugh wrote:
You can find pictures of most of the store fronts on the LEGO.com site using
the store locator. Of course these pictures are property of LEGO.com but if
you asked nicely they might let you use them for your site....never hurts to
ask.

(Breezes through Lego's pictures http://www.lego.com/legostores/Default.asp?x=x)

Huh, what's the deal with Illinois? They've got "Woodfield, IL" and "Schaumburg,
IL" as two different stores, despite the fact that they point to the same store!
(Woodfield looks like it immediately bounces you to the Schaumburg page).

Interestingly, it doesn't look like they've updated the store locator with the
new stores yet (have they added any other new ones?). I notice that MA's new
Natick store isn't represented-- I think it's been around for... uh... almost a
month and a half now?

DaveE

(FUTting back to general)

Subject:
GFLTC NOT at GATS Clearwater this weekend...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 01:50:32 GMT

GFLTC News,

The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (GFLTC) will NOT be displaying at the Great
American Train Show (GATS) this weekend (July 16-17, 2005) in Clearwater,
Florida. We were just recently informed that they do not have space for us in
their train show floor plan. Please, accept the GFLTC deepest apologies for any
inconvenient this may have caused you and/or your family members. Feel free to
forward your feed back or complaints to GATS staff via mail or email.

GATS Address:
Great American Train Show
P.O. Box 12114
La Crescenta, CA 91224

GATS E-Mail: info@gats.com

Please visit http://www.gfltc.org for a list of other upcoming GFLTC train shows
and events.

Sincerely,
Robin Werner
GFLTC President

Subject:
In Tampa (Temple Terrace, technically) FL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam, lugnet.loc.us.fl.stp, lugnet.loc.us.fl
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 02:07:04 GMT

I'm in Tampa on business till Thursday 14 April 2005. If you'd like to get
together, drop me a line, or talk to Robin W, he and I are already talking
offline about trying to get together Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday...

Posted to Tampa, St Pete and general FL local groups with FUT to just Tampa...

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact