 Local / United States / California / 84
Re: Visit to Northern California and possibly LEGOLAND California
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 11:02:01 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca, Tim Strutt wrote:
I am going to Northern California for training from July 26-August 13, and
would love to meet up with some AFOL's if there are any meetings or shows
going on in that timeframe. I'm not sure what my weekday hours will look
like for training, but I'll be staying in Newark, and could probably arrange
a vehicle to get to a meeting in the Bay Area some evening or weekend.

Also, are there any Pick-A-Brick locations or good LEGO shopping locations
in Northern California?

I also hope to make it to LEGOLAND California for one of the weekends in
that timeframe, July 31-Aug 1 or Aug 7-Aug 8. Anybody else planning to be
there either of those weekends?

Play well.

Tim Strutt
ParLUGment

Well, I made it to LEGOLAND California. It was great. I took about 550
photos and have now posted over 530 of them to Brickshelf.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tstrutt/LEGOLAND/
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tstrutt/LEGOLAND/Display/
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tstrutt/LEGOLAND/LLCA-Shopping/
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tstrutt/LEGOLAND/Merchandise/
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tstrutt/LEGOLAND/Miniland/
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tstrutt/LEGOLAND/Misc/
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tstrutt/LEGOLAND/Model-Shop/
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tstrutt/LEGOLAND/Sculptures/
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tstrutt/LEGOLAND/Volvo/
The main folder is not public because I have been deleting pictures as I
moved them into the seperate folders. All the sub-folders are public.
A BIG thanks to Mathew Clayson who met me at LLCA. It was great to meet
you and have a guided tour.
And Pick-A-Brick was awesome. I ruined PAB for myself though by starting
at LEGOLAND and going to a LEGO Store after. Everything else pales in
comparison to LEGOLAND PAB. I spent well over $100US at PAB alone. And I
would have spent more if I hadn't been taking pictures of Miniland until
closing. I wish I'd bought my 512M card before my visit, since I had to
go out to my car and download 5 full 128M cards of photos to the laptop
through the day.

Also, thank you to BayLUG who arranged a meeting so I could attend.
It was great to meet you guys. I wish the Valley Fair location had been
open before I left. I see Russell has a picture of the Valley Fair promo
brick posted, so does that mean they are open now?

Thanks again to all. Play well.

Tim Strutt
ParLUGment