 Local / United Kingdom / 4093
Re: bulk ordering is (not) here! (was - Re: bulk ordering is here! )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 16:08:21 GMT

From:
   http://www.lugnet.com/lego/announce/?n=14

   > ...Further details and pricing information can be found
   > at http://www.lego.com/bulk.
   >
   > Initially, this service is available only in the United States and
Canada
   > through LEGO Shop at Home (1-800-453-4652). This is not because we wish
   > favor this market, but simply because we have an existing fulfillment
   > operation which we can employ immediately. We are currently finishing
our
   > development of a new fulfillment center in Europe to handle direct
   > distribution; it will be ready to go by late summer or early fall. At
that
   > time, we will begin offering not only bulks but the full LEGO Shop at
   > service (via the Internet) to at least nine European countries. We
intend to
   > have full coverage in Europe in 2001.

   Given that  LEGO.COM is the host for LD internationally (or so it
appears), it
   will be interesting to see what price variations will be between here,
the US
   and the rest of Europe. Will the so called "rip-off Britain" live up to
its
   name?

   Scott A