 Local / Sverige / 1415
1414  |  1416
Subject:
Bugs found in Insectoids!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 12:10:46 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all!

I've bought three of the larger Insectoids sets used [1] and they arrived in
the mail today. Eager to see what I had bought I opened the box and started
investigating the parts. The models were still partly assembled so I began
taking them apart with the purpose to clean them (I always do when I buy used
bricks).

To my amusement I found bug nests inside the middle hole of two of these parts:
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/6061
(Brick 2 x 4 x 2 with Holes)

I cleaned them out and remember squashing a fly that was crawling on the table
where I had sat the box down, perhaps unrelated but it's still a tad to early
in spring for bugs in Sweden.

I continued the process of taking bricks apart when it occured to me the irony
of bugs in the Insectoid models. I started regretting not taking photos of the
bugs but luckily (?) found three more!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/4905354/Misc/insectoidbugs.jpg

As you can see, one was hiding inside the x-axle hole of that gem brick, the
other inside the tube under a 2 x 3 slope and the third inside a stack of two 1
x 1 cones.

There might have been more of them but I did not expect to find them despite
the theme of the models...

I'll wash these bricks with more care then regulary!

What ever the species they seem to like cramped quarters. The gem brick was
attached (and sealed off by those golf ball parts), the holes in the 2 x 4 x 2
bricks were sealed in one end by the magnet holders and the cones were stacked
and put on a plate. Not to mention they seem right as home inside Insectoid
space craft!

Has this happened to anyone else, the finding of bug nests in LEGO bricks I
mean?

[1] The sets are:
<set:6977> Arachnoid Star Base
<set:6969> Celestial Stinger