 Fun / 938
Re: Bugs found in Insectoids!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 20:38:09 GMT

so wierd... are those silverfish?  i'd hate to think that i have a bug in
the mix.

-tk

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message
Hi all!

I've bought three of the larger Insectoids sets used [1] and they arrived • in
the mail today. Eager to see what I had bought I opened the box and • started
investigating the parts. The models were still partly assembled so I began
taking them apart with the purpose to clean them (I always do when I buy • used
bricks).

To my amusement I found bug nests inside the middle hole of two of these • parts:
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/6061
(Brick 2 x 4 x 2 with Holes)

I cleaned them out and remember squashing a fly that was crawling on the • table
where I had sat the box down, perhaps unrelated but it's still a tad to • early
in spring for bugs in Sweden.

I continued the process of taking bricks apart when it occured to me the • irony
of bugs in the Insectoid models. I started regretting not taking photos of • the
bugs but luckily (?) found three more!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/4905354/Misc/insectoidbugs.jpg

As you can see, one was hiding inside the x-axle hole of that gem brick, • the
other inside the tube under a 2 x 3 slope and the third inside a stack of • two 1
x 1 cones.

There might have been more of them but I did not expect to find them • despite
the theme of the models...

I'll wash these bricks with more care then regulary!

What ever the species they seem to like cramped quarters. The gem brick • was
attached (and sealed off by those golf ball parts), the holes in the 2 x 4 • x 2
bricks were sealed in one end by the magnet holders and the cones were • stacked
and put on a plate. Not to mention they seem right as home inside • Insectoid
space craft!

Has this happened to anyone else, the finding of bug nests in LEGO bricks • I
mean?

[1] The sets are:
<set:6977> Arachnoid Star Base
<set:6969> Celestial Stinger