 Local / Portugal / 1411
1410  |  1412
Subject:
XIX Century Portuguese Northern House (was: Casa Minhota no final do século XIX)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:51:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.pt, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.pt, Luis Baixinho wrote:

Casa Minhota

Very cool creation! I especially like all the variation in the different plants--the corn, the grapevines, the fruit trees. I’m cross-posting this to .castle and .town as there are many who don’t read Portugese who would be interested.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce!

So you’re right, i’m posting in english and at .castle and .town.

the folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=79326

This is a characteristic house of the northern portugal at the end of the XIX century. In those times the industry and commerce were almost none existence in this area, so the subsistence agriculture was the only way to produce some food and sell or trade the rest in the local market.

Off course they produced more types of food that the ones represented on the MOC.

The small construction at the left of the pic, is a “Espigueiro”. Espigueiro is a construction used in this region to dry cereals, corn normally.

The chickens are based on Jojo’s work.

Tânia and Luís Baixinho