 Local / Canada / Ontario / * (-5)
Subject:
The #OBBCSL 'Mini Movie'!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2022 13:31:33 GMT

Here it is!

https://youtu.be/zEYWym2gCck

My friend (who works in 'the biz') got some 'studio time' booked at his shop and
we set up the #OBBCSL.  He set up the lighting and the screens and I set up the
layout.

He originally thought about 'green screening' but that would have been so much
post production... so we just used blackout screens around the back half of the
layout.

We then took some footage using his Osmo camera. That littel camera is quite
impressive.

He was using 120 fps, and I can't remember what aperture or ISO or anything like
that...

The Osmo was able to get right into the layout better than my usual cell phone
vids...

As well, my friend then added specific sound effects to the various monorails
and nodes around the layout, and overlayed it with a wonderful soundtrack.

I am so pleased with the result - it was worth the effort to set up for the day
at the studio.

He gave me all the raw footage, and I don't know what I'll do with it yet...

This 'mini movie', however, I'm trying to incorporate into the display at shows.
I'll figure it out :)

Hope you like it!

Dave K

Subject:
#OBBCSL lit up and filmed with studio equipment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2022 02:58:49 GMT

I had the opportunity to set up the #OBBCSL in a studio environment and get it
professionally filmed today.

This is a quick vid I made with my cell phone at one point.

https://youtu.be/TQ5PPKOv7SA

Hope you like it!

Dave K

Subject:
I'm doing a show!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2022 19:02:05 GMT

It's been so long since I've done an actual show!

I'll be setting up the #OBBCSL at the Canadian Toy Collector's Society's show!

Location and time information -

May 22, 2022
Etobicoke Olympium
590 Rathburn Rd.
Etobicoke, (Toronto) Ontario, Canada
(building located on the north side, a quarter mile west of Renforth Drive)

Public Show Admission
Sunday May 22, 2022 - 9:00 am till 2:30 pm

Website -

<http://www.ctcs.org/show.htm>

I'll be there around 7 a.m. on Sunday to set up before the public admission at 9
a.m.

This is an 'official' Torolug display (as I'm now a member ;) ) but I think - as
far as I know at this time - I'll be flying solo.

I know it's a little late notice, but if you have nothing to do on Sunday of
this long weekend, stop on by!

I'm pretty excited about it!

Hope to see you there!

Dave K

Subject:
My Living Room Classic Space layout - Using LifeLites
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2022 20:57:18 GMT

I 'finished' (is it ever done?) lighting up my Classic Space Layout and decided
to set it up in my living room.

I took some pics and posted them on my Flickr channel -

<https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzD1sW>

Also took a few vids and put them on my YouTube Channel -

A 'minifig' camera view on the layout -

<https://youtu.be/sZIOlxJpamw>

My discussion about the layout -

<https://youtu.be/lK6mqiOPwow>

There are a whole slew of other previous vids on my YouTube channel that show
how I got to this point.

A very special thanks to Rob Hendrix for his LifeLites lighting kits that I used
extensively in this layout.

<https://lifelites.com/>

I should probably do a tally to see what the final number is for LifeLites kits
in the layout...

Here's a quick listing off the top of my head -

Landing pads - 13 x 2 kits each = 26
Monorail Station - 2 kits
Habitat - 1 kit
Rocket Launch - 2 kits
Ships - 3 advanced kits (so far - soon to me more)
Tower - floors 0-3 (ground ops) - 8
Tower - floors 4-9 (landing pad/monorail demarc) - 2
Tower - floor 10 (observation) - 2
Tower - floor 11 (space ops) - 2
Tower - floor 12 (exec - cake topper) - 2

Total - 50 LifeLite basic/advanced kits. (think 5 of the 50 are advanced)

times (mostly) 8 LED's each - 400 LED lights

That number is high because not all the kits have 8 LED's connected. But most
do.

Thankfully I've been acquiring the LifeLite kits over the years since Rob
started making them, because that would be hard on the bank if I bought them all
at once :)

Anyway, the evolution of the OBBCSL has been so much fun over the years, and I'm
not done with it yet.

That said, the 'big' changes are now mostly complete and it's finally, after
12ish years of updating it, where I wanted it to be from the beginning.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Dave K

Subject:
LEGO Display over the Family Day Weekend at the International Centre, Toronto
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2020 18:02:55 GMT

We will be setting up a small display at the International Centre over the
Family Day Weekend--

http://www.toronto4kids.com/Calendar/index.php/name/Kids-Fest-Toronto/event/8160/

Sat., Feb. 15th
Sun., Feb. 16th
Mon., Feb. 17th
10:00am – 6:00pm

International Centre
6900 Airport Road
Mississauga, ON

I'll be bringing some sort of space layout, and Kevin is bringing his Dioramas
as well.

If others are interested in displaying with us, please let me know either via
e-mail, here, Facebook, whatever.  You don't have the display for the entire
weekend.

We'd love to see you, and love to see what you bring to show!

Dave K

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact