 Local / Australia / 9841
Re: Roll Call time again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 06:19:08 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
With all the new people popping up (and lots of lurkers out there) it's time
to do a roll call. We haven't had one for a while so here it is. Simply
change my answers to those appropriate to you. If replying to this is your
first post (and please do reply if you are lurking) then welcome!
Otherwise for the oldies, let us know what's new.

James (who probably qualifies as an oldie, oh dear.)
P.S. the last roll call thread is
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=5566

Since I'm relatively new here...

Name: Allister McLaren
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 80/alive and well
Location: Wynnum Brisbane
E-mail Address: allistermclaren@bigpond.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): none
Marital Status: Married 2 1/2 years first time, 6 years (n.o.) this time
Children: 2 (with the energy of eight)
Occupation: Process engineering draftsman
On Lugnet Since: this year
# of Sets in LEGO Collection: I don't have a collection so much as a stockpile.
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.
# of LEGO Pieces: far too many scratched and cloudy transparent ones.
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: Apart from my house - none.
# of LEGO fests atteneded: 1 in Brisbane (was that a 'fest'?)
First LEGO Set: no idea
LEGO Dark Age: 1982 or 3 - 2002 (although I did get a couple of sets in 2000
and 01)

First Set after Dark Age: <set:8210> A gift from my wife. It wasn't enough
to trigger a full emergence from the dark age though.

Favorite Theme(s): theme, schmeme. Anything can be turned into a spaceship.

Favorite Set(s): set, schmet...

Favourite Own Creation: so far, my red rocket (pictures to appear soon on
brickshelf)

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): fav. piece - technic half pin (just
learning the joys of SNOT building) fav. minifig - Timmy

Set/theme you would like to see: Yeah, I'd love to see an outback theme, but
knowing the way things are, they'd probably license Steve Irwin to do it.
So, how about an early automobiles theme?

Current LEGO Project: A line of suborbital racing aircraft - the
aforementioned red rocket being the first one. There is also one piloted by
the dread Ogel, and I'm almost finished one with a decided classic space
bent. I'm still waiting for some moonbase module inspiration to hit...

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: People around the office come by my desk to see
what this week's model on top of my computer is - the limo trike was a hit.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: parenthood, renovating - well that's more just
an activity, sci-fi novels, cycling (extreme commuting - and I've got the
scars to prove it).