 Local / Australia / 14377
Re: Help tracking down a bad ebay seller
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:52:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Pete White wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Ian Dunmore wrote:
I shoulda used paypal....

Definately now from what I just read

Looks like they may be reading here or watching their feedback, it changed from
(-3) to (private) while I was checking them out.

The 3 negatives were from...

iandunm(772) - item 220218770028 - $725 - Buy It Now - ended 01/04/08
avenger_isd(82) - item 220218915574 - $500 - Buy It Now - ended 31/03/08
archtophilist1(89) - item 220216831617 - $730 - Auction - ended 31/03/08

Boy did this guy go to town on some people??

All items were UCS Millenium Falcons

It's because of incidents like these that the 'paypal only' situation has come
about. Any time spent on the ebay discussion boards gives you an idea about the
common scams happening.

Don't need to read the boards to see it but I suppose I have been lucky over the
years (Ausieboy (406))

Make sure you have your own copies of any correspondence, once the user is
deregistered, things will disappear off ebay. If they haven't got a contactable
phone number ebay will NARU them.

Mate I would just about bet they allready have!!!!

I don't think I would have bought such a high value set from a low/no feedback

Good answer that is one of my prime rules as well they nust have feedback and
reasonably good.

user. They registered after Jan 2007, so paypal would have been compulsory for
them, I noticed in their description they didn't like the paypal fees, who does
?

None of us like them but if you use it you must expect to pay at least you are
reasonably safe.

According to whitepages.com.au there are 4 Taylors listed in Port Pirie, not
that that's a guarantee that any of them are playing 'Jazz'.

Good luck finding him I think you will have to write the loss off as a bad call
sorry!!

-pete.w

Well done Pete W you did a good job of investigations we might appoint you our
Ebay investigator as there probably a few cases out there that need help in item
or fund recovery? Perhaps you could be our Ebay Cop and sniff these guys out and
bring them to justice.
Only kidding Pete but it is a problem I have only been had once in 7 years but I
got my own back on him and shut him down. Shame he was in Hong Kong or I would
paid him a visit personally.

Cheers
Peter P