 Licensed / Batman / 22
Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.licensed.batman, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2007 05:35:58 GMT

   mean: artistic medium.

I have tried to keep track of this as it is rather interesting. My main complaint about the whole thing is that the torture chamber in this set is compared to Abu Ghraib and not Sadam’s rape rooms or torture chambers with the hooks and metal bed frames or the plastic shredders that people were put into head or feet first. Now let’s see. Abu Ghraib: people being forced to be naked, people making a cheerleading pile naked, dog’s barking at them, waterboarding compared to shredding people, electrods to the gentiles, raping, suppending from wires or hooks and who knows what else. I do not belive that there were chainsaws in Abu Ghraib or anything like that once it was in Coaliation hands. I deplore what a few military did and they were punished. We need to be held to a higher status. I also agree with what Rudy Giuliani said when asked what he would do and he said whatever it takes to get info from these people. Their origanizations were responsible for 9/11, the Cole bombing, beheadings with pocket knives, and other bomings all over the world. Abu Ghraib was less than what the media made it out to be. I think that the comparison to Abu Ghraib was a bit ill conceived. Or perhaps I am missing the point and the comparison made was while the prison was in Sadam’s hands. There may be a lot of people alive today because we striped naked a few terrorists and let dogs bark at them.

John P

Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing.