 Licensed / Batman / 11
    Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing. —Timothy Gould
   (...) OK. I'm with you to here. Not sure I entirely agree but it's all reasonable. (...) Here you kick into what I consider to be an alarmist over-reaction yourself. Do you really think that a comment on a LEGO forum read by a small number of people (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jun-07, to lugnet.licensed.batman, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

        Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing. —Mark Larson
   (...) Hi Tim! I'd rather be talking with you about MOCs, but what can you do, right? Anyway, I'm sure the cartoonist who started that particular controversy thought the same thing. Words affect things, people read stuff. I don't think it's an (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jun-07, to lugnet.licensed.batman, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

        Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing. —Timothy Gould
   (...) But that is why we have .off-topic.debate ;) (which both of us forgot to move to... sorry, Lugnet) (...) I suspect the cartoonist either didn't think much at all or consciously set out to be malicious but we'll never really know the answer to (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jun-07, to lugnet.licensed.batman, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing. —Mark Larson
   (...) Which is exactly my original point. Any focus group could stumble upon Richie's original post and get all up in arms over it and start some sort of movement against LEGO. Putting the idea out there, anyone can read it and over-react any number (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jun-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing. —Timothy Gould
   (...) Yes. But my point here is that by responding with a reference to the cartoon you're making it a little bit more likely to be seen by the very people that you think may get upset. I sincerely doubt that either post will cause a calamity but it (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jun-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing. —Mark Larson
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote: I sincerely doubt that either post will cause a (...) Sounds like a great them for a time travel movie! (...) Well, I still respect you. And I think we actually feel the same way about the original (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jun-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)