 LEGOLAND / Deutschland / *74 (-10)
Subject:
Pick-a-Brick inventory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.inv, lugnet.legoland.deutschland
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:23:05 GMT

Hi all,

We just got back from Germany where we mainly visited LegoLand Günzburg (with our seasonpasses). Last year I made an inventory of the Pick-a-Brick section in Billund, now I did the same in the “Fabrik”.

You can download the Word-document from my webpage: http://users.skynet.be/maarten.steurbaut/GunzburgInventory070705.doc.

The bad news: the price is now 7 euro / 100 gram :-(

Play well

Maarten

Re: LEGOLAND sold to Blackstone
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.billund, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland.deutschland, lugnet.legoland.windsor, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:04:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:
   It has just been announced on the Danish news, that LEGO sold 70% of the shares in the four Legoland Parks to American investment company Blackstone.

They will now be placed in Merlin Entertainment Group, together with the parks Sea Life, Earth Explorer and Dungeons.

Arne, Copenhagen

(crossposting to the various Legoland groups)

This looks like it will be good news - by reading this article:

it looks like there may be new parks in the future and they want to make the park destination resorts - so this is good news.

The offical Lego PR can be found here:
http://www.lego.com/eng/info/default.asp?page=pressdetail&contentid=15584&countrycode=2057

but hey - as long as they keep the Commemorative Brick program at LLCA and FIX the fabrik machine at LLD I will be a happy man ;)

Mark P
http://www.promobricks.com

(FUT .legoland)

Subject:
Dubai bids for Legolands as it seeks home for oil wealth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland.billund, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland.deutschland, lugnet.legoland.windsor
Date:
Sun, 22 May 2005 23:42:16 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

All I can say is ummmmmmm... what?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=3&ObjectID=10126875

Dubai bids for Legolands as it seeks home for oil wealth

23.05.05

JORDAN - Dubai's Government buyout fund is bidding for Lego's Legoland amusement
parks two months after acquiring London's Madame Tussauds waxworks museum as the
emirate uses its oil wealth to invest in Europe's entertainment industry.

"We will look to consolidate in the theme park sector in Europe through
Tussauds," Dubai International Capital chief executive officer Sameer al-Ansari
said in an interview in Jordan.

"We can't comment on how much we bid for Lego's parks," he said

Dubai is part of the United Arab Emirates, which is using a windfall profit from
record oil prices last year to double revenue from tourism in the next decade.

Billund Lego, based in Denmark, put its amusement parks up for sale in October
as it tried to revive its business making toys such as Duplo building blocks.
The company had its third annual loss in five years last year.

The Dubai fund in March paid 800 million ($2 billion) for Tussauds Group, whose
London waxworks includes models of celebrities including David Beckham, Brad
Pitt and Kylie Minogue.

The Chessington (England) company also runs theme parks such as Alton Towers and
Chessington World of Adventures.

Legoland runs four parks in Denmark, Germany, England and California. The parks'
attractions include lifesize Lego models of giraffes and hippopotami.

Buyout firms including Blackstone Group, Palamon Capital Partners, Spectrum
Equity Investors and Apollo Management may make offers for Legoland worth more
than 400 million, the Financial Times reported last month, without saying where
it got the information.

"We expect the sale to be completed in the summer," Lego spokeswoman Charlotte
Simonsen said. She declined to give details about specific bids the company had
received.

Dubai may spend US$3 billion ($4.2 billion) to US$5 billion a year over the next
five years to buy assets around the world, al-Ansari said. In January the
emirate bought a US$1 billion stake in the German carmaker DaimlerChrysler AG.

- BLOOMBERG

Re: LEGO Stadium in Guenzburg, Germany
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.deutschland
Date:
Sun, 15 May 2005 13:37:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Luca Giannitti wrote:

The original building is very nice by night, when the lights can color the
stadium with red, white and blue. Here you can see some pictures:
http://www.allianz-arena.de/de/news/foto/index.php?datum=0410
(at: "Beleuchtungstest in Bildschirmgröße")
I think the most beautiful is the one with the color of the Bayern flag
(white&blue)!

Regards,
Luca Giannitti

The March 2005 issue of LEGO life Company Newspaper has an article on this
wonderful model. Here are some excerpts:

Naturally, this special illumination had to be recreated in the LEGO model - but
that's when the problems began to crop up.

...None of the existing LEGO elements could do the job. We tried with
transparent bricks - but the stadium model would have ended up looking like a
glorified greenhouse. ...we received special permission to develop a brand new
element: a milky-white brick. Only 160,000 elements will be produced, and these
will be used to build the roof of the model. In addition, we had to find special
lamps which will create the right lighting affect as accurately as possible.

We'll all look forward to some night-time photos of the model!

Now, if only I could get a milky-white 2 x 4 brick (or two 2 x 2 bricks) for my
collection of LEGO brick colors.....

Re: LEGO Stadium in Guenzburg, Germany
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.deutschland
Date:
Sat, 14 May 2005 13:00:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
In lugnet.general, Kevin Wilson wrote:
Kelly McKiernan  wrote in message ...
I'd seen earlier pix and was duly impressed, this is pretty spectacular. I found
some images and closeups on a German web site, try this:

Wow. Apart from the greatness of the model, that is a truly mind-boggling
number of minifigs.

When I did my (by comparison tiny, but 40" x 30") stadium it was amazing how
many figs it took to fill even quite a small area. I could only fill one end
of mine with my whole minifig collection.

Kevin
Classic Red Barn kit: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-barn.htm
Get FREE Hospital instructions: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
BrickLink Lego parts store: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
The Guild of Bricksmiths(TM): http://www.bricksmiths.com

While I do like the model, the outside of original building looks like a giant
white tire with a huge chunk missing.

Gary Istok

The original building is very nice by night, when the lights can color the
stadium with red, white and blue. Here you can see some pictures:
http://www.allianz-arena.de/de/news/foto/index.php?datum=0410
(at: "Beleuchtungstest in Bildschirmgröße")
I think the most beautiful is the one with the color of the Bayern flag
(white&blue)!

And here you can find some pictures of the design of Lego model:
http://www.allianz-arena.de/de/news/foto/index.php?datum=0502
(at: "Die Allianz Arena im LEGO Format")

The Allianz Arena in Günzburg is the second European stadium made of Lego
visible in one Legoland park. The first one was the "Parken" of Copenhagen,
built in the year 2000 (for the Euro2000 Football Cup) in Billund.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lucajuventino/Billund2003/07210037.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lucajuventino/Billund2003/07210038.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lucajuventino/Billund2003/07210040.jpg

Regards,
Luca Giannitti

Re: LEGO Stadium in Guenzburg, Germany
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.deutschland
Date:
Sat, 14 May 2005 00:17:46 GMT

[...]

Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.deutschland
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 19:42:43 GMT

Kelly McKiernan  wrote in message ...
I'd seen earlier pix and was duly impressed, this is pretty spectacular. I • found
some images and closeups on a German web site, try this:

Wow. Apart from the greatness of the model, that is a truly mind-boggling
number of minifigs.

When I did my (by comparison tiny, but 40" x 30") stadium it was amazing how
many figs it took to fill even quite a small area. I could only fill one end
of mine with my whole minifig collection.

Kevin
Classic Red Barn kit: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-barn.htm
Get FREE Hospital instructions: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
BrickLink Lego parts store: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
The Guild of Bricksmiths(TM): http://www.bricksmiths.com

Re: LEGO Stadium in Guenzburg, Germany
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.deutschland
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 16:46:56 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.general, Eric Strand wrote:
Just saw this photo:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/photo/050512/482/gbg10105121612

1 million pieces+ Wow. If anyone has seen links to higher res
photos/details I'd love to see them.

I'd seen earlier pix and was duly impressed, this is pretty spectacular. I found
some images and closeups on a German web site, try this:

http://www.ganz-muenchen.de/freizeitfitness/parks/legoland/das_allianz_arena_modell.html

There are image gallery links about halfway down, where it says "Fotogalerie zur
Stadioneröffnung am 12.05.2005 , Teil 1, 2 ,3, 4, 5".

- Kelly

Subject:
rcx bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.deutschland
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 2005 11:57:00 GMT

hello,

can anybody tell me if they sell seperate rcx bricks or sensors in legoland
germany ??
i was planning to go there in the summer.

grtn woenderik

Re: Info needed on 'Jahr Der Technik 2004 Brick'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.promo, lugnet.legoland.deutschland
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 18:21:12 GMT

Hello collectors of promo bricks! I have some bricks “Jahr der Technik 2004” for exchange with other promo bricks. Followings stones are in search: - Lego Store Chicago 2000 - Imagination Center (Disney Anaheim) - Distribution Center - Brick or Treat 2000 with Lego Logo on the backside - Boston Red Sox (plain back) - Imagination Center (Disney Orlando) - Lego Human Resources Open House 1993 - Startup Decoration Lego System Inc. May 1993 - Lego Maniacs 1998 First Competition - E3 May 1996, Mindscape Sout Hall 6801 - Lego Store California, Hillsdale, Valley Fair 2004 - Open Day 1995

Besides I have to exchange “Club 2003 Günzburg”; Club 2004 Günzburg Fabrik 2002 Günzburg Fabrik 2003 Günzburg Fabrik 2004 Günzburg Winter 2003/2004 Günzburg 2. Geburtstag 17. Mai 2004 Günzburg

I hope, we can help us together

best regards from AUSTRIA Gerhard

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact