 LEGOLAND / California / 837
836  |  838
Subject:
Legoland's Land of Adventure Behind the Scenes Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 06:52:38 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Robb Alvey from the AMAZING site ThemeParkReview.com was lucky enough to get a walkthrough tour of this new area opening at Legoland next week. He posted pictures and a little write-up over on his site and can be found by clicking this link here.

I think the new area looks great and may be the best addition to the park since.....well....ever. And Robb says the entire are was designed by Bill Vollbrecht! GO BILL!!

I did notice how small the targets were on the Lost Kingdom Adventure ride, I wonder if this will be hard on the kids and how it compares to Buzz at that little theme park up north by the name of Disneyland.

There will also be a passmember preview of the area on the 9th from 10-5 if you ant to check it out this weekend.

Here is the text from the email LLCA sent out about the area:

Transporting you into 1920s Egypt, Land of Adventure will be comprised of four new attractions including our first-ever dark ride, Lost Kingdom Adventure. Based in ancient temple ruins, Lost Kingdom Adventure puts you inside an all-terrain roadster and takes you on a journey to recover stolen treasure by blasting targets with laser guns along the way. Your score is recorded and competition is fierce as skill and determination are the keys to a successful expedition. Brave riders encounter ten different scenes along the journey including a spider’s lair, professor’s lab, mummy relics and a skeleton band that requires riders to hit the correct targets to make the band play. A LEGO® pharaoh, standing more than 16-feet tall, guards the entrance to Lost Kingdom Adventure staring down at all those who dare enter. Adjacent to the hidden ruins, a different adventure awaits with other new rides Cargo Ace and Beetle Bounce. Cargo Ace helps imaginations soar as children become pilots as they board one of eight airplanes and fly up to six feet into the air. Beetle Bounce boosts children to even bigger heights, nearly 15 feet to be exact, as they are launched up one of two towers nearly touching the gigantic LEGO beetles above them. At Pharaoh’s Revenge, children and parents can fire thousands of foam balls at targets and each other in an oasis of fun.