 LEGOLAND / Billund / *114 (-5)
Re: Massive Stadium Revealed at LEGOLand Billund
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland.billund
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:25:09 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.billund, Todd Thuma wrote:
Anyone that has been to LEGOLand in Billund knows they had a giant stadium model
on display. Well, it appears that they have upgraded to a new model.

A friend passed me this link from Ezprezzo:

http://www.ezprezzo.com/crazypics/lego-arena.html

I am extremely impressed and the model is massive. Does anyone know what the
largest single model is? Is this close to the record or does it exceed it?

Hi Todd,

That is the Allianz Arena, and it is indeed very impressive, but I believe it is
on display at Legoland Deutschland, not Billund:

ROSCO

Subject:
Massive Stadium Revealed at LEGOLand Billund
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland.billund
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:02:22 GMT

Anyone that has been to LEGOLand in Billund knows they had a giant stadium model
on display. Well, it appears that they have upgraded to a new model.

A friend passed me this link from Ezprezzo:

http://www.ezprezzo.com/crazypics/lego-arena.html

I am extremely impressed and the model is massive. Does anyone know what the
largest single model is? Is this close to the record or does it exceed it?

Todd

Re: LEGOLAND sold to Blackstone
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.billund, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland.deutschland, lugnet.legoland.windsor, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:04:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:
   It has just been announced on the Danish news, that LEGO sold 70% of the shares in the four Legoland Parks to American investment company Blackstone.

They will now be placed in Merlin Entertainment Group, together with the parks Sea Life, Earth Explorer and Dungeons.

Arne, Copenhagen

(crossposting to the various Legoland groups)

This looks like it will be good news - by reading this article:

it looks like there may be new parks in the future and they want to make the park destination resorts - so this is good news.

The offical Lego PR can be found here:
http://www.lego.com/eng/info/default.asp?page=pressdetail&contentid=15584&countrycode=2057

but hey - as long as they keep the Commemorative Brick program at LLCA and FIX the fabrik machine at LLD I will be a happy man ;)

Mark P
http://www.promobricks.com

(FUT .legoland)

Subject:
Pick-a-brick, Billund - Pricing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.billund
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:32:37 GMT

What are the Pick-a-brick prices in Legoland, Billund (as of this summer), and
what are the prices for mixed bricks - all sold in the Brick Shop?

What kinds of boxes/cups/bags are available (sizes)?
Is everything sold by weight or volume, or both?

I'll be there next week, and I'm trying to prepare both myself and my credit
card. :)

Thanks

Re: LEGO Inside Tour
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.legoland, lugnet.legoland.billund
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 02:54:34 GMT

In lugnet.events, Todd Thuma wrote:
I was looking for postings to LUGNET about the LEGO Inside Tour and have found
nothing. So, I decided to post a few details and send you off to previous posts
at LEGO Fan.org.

First, I attended the first LEGO Inside Tour on May 26, 27, and 28 of 2005 and
it was fantastic. Another group is about to go and I wish them the same if not
better tour than we got.

I posted some rather long posts on LEGO Fan.org in the Forums area:

http://www.legofan.org/FORUMS/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=51

Todd,

The LEGO Fan tour descriptions are great! Thanks for all the effort writing
those so the rest of us could glimpse the LIT. I've also been looking through
the terrific BrickShelf folders.

Unless I missed it, I didn't see photos of the LIT exclusive kit. Any photos and
descriptions would really be appreciated. Thanks.

John

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact