 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5251
Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:43:08 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:

We just found a few (very few) 8880 Super Car sets in a corner of the
warehouse. There seriously aren't many, so if you want one, you had better
hurry.

Sorry, meant to mention... this is US only and only available over the phone.

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Senior Producer
LEGO Direct

Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 19:27:23 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:

We just found a few (very few) 8880 Super Car sets in a corner of the
warehouse. There seriously aren't many, so if you want one, you had better
hurry.

Sorry, meant to mention... this is US only and only available over the phone.

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Senior Producer
LEGO Direct

US and Canada, eh?

Jude

Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 20:00:20 GMT

"Jude Beaudin" <shiningblade@rogers.com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

Sorry, meant to mention... this is US only and only available over the • phone.

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Senior Producer
LEGO Direct

US and Canada, eh?

Jude

No need to nitpick, I think what Jake meant to say was "available from US
Shop at Home" which is where anyone in the US or Canada would order from.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com

In lugnet.lego.direct, Mike Walsh writes:

"Jude Beaudin" <shiningblade@rogers.com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

Sorry, meant to mention... this is US only and only available over the • phone.

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Senior Producer
LEGO Direct

US and Canada, eh?

Jude

No need to nitpick, I think what Jake meant to say was "available from US
Shop at Home" which is where anyone in the US or Canada would order from.

Mike

Mike,

I am not nitpicking, I just want LEGO to remember and acknowledge we are
here. I find I miss having our own S@H in our own currency. I also have
other reasons I don't want to bring up here, for the sake of preventing
futile debate.

I guess I am more patriotic than I thought :-)

Jude

Trimmed .technic and .market.shopping
X-FUT .loc.ca

Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse
In lugnet.lego.direct, Mike Walsh writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

I am not nitpicking, I just want LEGO to remember and acknowledge we are
here. I find I miss having our own S@H in our own currency. I also have
other reasons I don't want to bring up here, for the sake of preventing
futile debate.

I guess I am more patriotic than I thought :-)

Jude

Trimmed .technic and .market.shopping
X-FUT .loc.ca

I understand your point but at the same time, had you still had Canadian
S@H, the Super Cars they found today wouldn't have been available for you
(you being Canadian residents) to order [1].  Like most things, there are
pluses and minuses depending on your perspective.

My last comment on this topic as well, I see no value in a debate either.

Mike

[1] - Unless the Super Cars they found today were part of the inventory that
moved to the US when they shut down Canadian S@H in which case they wouldn't
have been available to the rest of the North American market.  Where they
came from is probably something we'll probably never know.

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com

Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse
I am not nitpicking, I just want LEGO to remember and acknowledge we are
here. I find I miss having our own S@H in our own currency. I also have
other reasons I don't want to bring up here, for the sake of preventing
futile debate.

I guess I am more patriotic than I thought :-)

I hear you. I'm getting VERY tired of having to mail in my order or get
nailed an extra 12% plus shipping on VISA phone orders... I'm tired of it.

Dean