 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4296
Re: Going once, going twice, sold!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 07:37:43 GMT

I was told by someone at S@H that the #ed SFs were pulled from the site because
they are out of them in any country that had them EXCEPT the US.  This was
yesterday, though, so if you are in the US and still want to try for #ed ones, I
suggest you call SOON.

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

But in this paticular case I can't help to feel offended. A large-production
company deliberately limits a certain production run and artificially
creates a collectors-item and then sells it to the highest bidder. To my
taste it's indecent and it takes us customers for fools.

Not sure I agree. The parts will be freely available since once the numbered
edition is done (and it seems to be done now), there will be an unrestricted
unnumbered edition released. This seems to satisfy the collectors AND those
who want many copies to part out or whatever. (and if you're both, like
me... oh happy day!)

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/