 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 258
Re: bulk ordering is here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 16:08:58 GMT

Hello Brad, thank you for your considerations of Japanese market.
You are worried about disparity of costs, especially due to high sipping
costs. However, this is an inevitable problem since  Japan has no
domestic production fasilities.  If you can ship ordered items any
countries nearer to Japan than U.S., we will be able to save shipping
costs.
I guess the primary dissatisfaction within Japanese customers are high
prices and poor lineups.  Do you know how different of the prices
between U.S. and Japan?  I belive that the total costs we need to pay if
we buy an item form U.S. (or from European countries) are lower than
those of we need to pay if we buy the same from the local subsidiary
(especially big sets).  And since Japanese product lineups is very
limited, many Japanese LEGO fans personally import the non-available
items in Japan from foreign shops or agents with high argent surcharge
separatly from S&H fee.
Therefore, I hope that you will first give us the place (web site) where we
can purchase the LEGO products at the same condition (the same
lineups and net prices) as in U.S. or European countries.  I will accept
the auctual shipping costs.
Regards,
Susumu Takahashi