 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2506
Re: Garage Doors Cancelled! (was Re: Trains, Garage Doors and more, oh my!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 20:47:28 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:
[snip]
5187 Bricks with Groove and Garage Panels

   I ordered a few small batches. The last time was two sets on
   Saturday, when the set briefly appeared back on the available
   list. Those have been shipped, the last group this morning.
[snip]

Thanks for the info, Lindsay.  This makes it clear that your
Saturday order jumped forward in the queue, ahead of those of
us who ordered this item on Thursday or Friday.  It appears
that shop-at-home was not willing to call you on Monday
or Tuesday to cancel these items from your order, even after
they found out on Monday that there was a backlog of earlier
internet orders.

Perhaps they have separate queues for internet and phone orders,
and in a case of conflict the phone orders have total priority
over the internet orders, regardless of when they were placed.
That would explain things, although it doesn't make it fair.

/Eric McC/