 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 194
Re: bulk ordering is here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:41:35 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
Well, he _claims_ it has nothing to do with traffic. Not that I doubt him,
but its _very_ bad PR to say you didn't have enough servers to handle the
load on the first day. Indicates bad planning and all.

  When I called at 8:00 this morning I got the usual answering service (not
Lego S+H, but the fill-in staff), and the operator knew nothing about bulk
service or Code WB600.  I called back minutes later, and the very friendly S@H
operator was readily able to help me.  During all of this, I was freely able
to access the site.
  Other than Lugnet, where the announcement was made, how public was the
release of this information?  It seems surprising to me that the relatively
small load of us from Lugnet could have unseated the server, so I'm inclined
to believe Brad at face value.

     Dave!