 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 188
Re: bulk ordering is here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 16:48:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brad Justus writes:
Greetings! After a somewhat longer-than-intended absence, I’m back, and with
good news: LEGO Direct is pleased to announce that bulk sales from LEGO start
today, June 14.

Our first bulk releases include standard bricks (1x4, 1x6, 1x8, 2x2, 2x4, 2x8)
in light grey, dark green, black, red, and white; as well as plates and smooth
tiles in black, red, and white; windows and doors; and spruce trees.  The
elements come in lots of 100, 50, or 25 per bag, depending on the size of the
element. There is no minimum purchase (well, you have to buy at least one
bag!) – and no limits on the maximum. Plus, let me stress that this is only
the first release: this autumn we will be enlarging the assortment of standard
elements, adding hard-to-find colors, and extending the range of more
specialized elements.

Let me just say that I'm pleasantly surprised that some pieces with
transparency made it to the first offering! :)

Brad, some have mentioned that you take too long in responding/updating (and
that may be true). But if the selection of pieces is going to be some really
choice parts, I'll take the long pauses (as long as they're not too long -
whatever that means :).

BTW, thanks for more light grey! It's a color that needs replacing from time
to time because (as you might know) like white, it yellows after awhile.

-Tom McD.
when replying, spamcake does not yellow after a little while, as its half-life
is over 11 thousand years.