 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1463
Re: new Technic product shown!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 20:11:06 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jonathan Wilson writes:

SRC wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
Maybe they can look back at some of their own great history,
including original sets like 8425&8836(planes) or 8839(tugboat).

8425 and 8836?  Nah - the best Technic plane is <set:8855> IMO

I'll bet you a Technic piece of your choice that you won't be able
to order the parts for THAT one.  That prop attached to a gear piece
has to be one of the most rare pieces going.  (Name me something rarer.)

SRC
StRuCtures
Here are some other very rare technic parts...
locking rings from 8880 as used in the suspention
white suspention arms from 8865

and there are plenty of rare system parts including the monorail cover
from the airport shuttle.

And there are plenty of rare decorated parts like the guarded inn sign
and the nasa logo torso from that rare space shuttle set.

But are any of these rarer than that propellor? I wouldnt have a clue.

The 8858 has a small gear rack with two lobes on one side which is used for
steering. I think that this piece is only found once as well.