 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1440
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 17:50:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney wrote:

A more serious analysis would conclude that TLC could do something better
themselves

Actually, that's a debatable conclusion.  Not that I want this to go to
.debate.

TLC definitely has the *resources* to put into such a project.  So it's not
impossible that they could come up with a better LEGO CAD.

But I'm not sure that it's 'possible', from a practical perspective.  There
are some things corporations just aren't capable of, and this may be one of
them.  More on this in a minute.

Even if it is *possible*, I'd say it's very, very unlikely.  First, we're
still outside of their target market.  And outside of their core business.
Also, TLC just turned in record losses.  That makes it less likely that
they'll develop our "dream LEGO CAD" software -- unless they perceive a
*very* short, direct path between their action and future profits.

Steve