 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1410
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 18:56:32 GMT

"Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@home.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.lego.direct, Farlie A wrote:

Surely a beter soloution for TLC/TLG is to liase with the part authours in
getting 'offical' parts added to the library qucikly. Maybe even suppourting
the further devlopment of L-Draw/MLCad and related products.

Now *there's* an idea I can get behind, and fully support.

A more serious analysis would conclude that TLC could do something better
themselves, but as of yet we don't know their exact intentions with this
software they are developing for 2002.  If TLC intends to make their software
for the sole purpose of being used with their product, then they should somehow
encourage LCAD to grow - it will grow their market, it (hopefully) will be
compatible with their product, and from it more people will become serious FOLs.
If TLC intends to fully replace what we have done so far with LCAD, they should
take into consideration our _every_ wish for a serious LEGO CAD program.  It
would be in their best interest to have satisfied customers in all areas - brand
loyalty, fostering community growth, and even potentially their sales.

I feel that either route, TLC will be supporting LCAD in one way or another.  I
hope that LCAD does not die out because of TLC's developments, but if they
choose to replace it, I feel strongly that what they design should embody what
we have always wanted in a LEGO CAD program.

Oh, and I _know_ they're listening :-)  All we have to do now is wait.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne