 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1347
Re: Wait a Minute! (was: Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 18:58:25 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
Wait a minute!  Nowhere does the press release state that
you will be able to buy any piece in any quantity.

It states "bricks."  I think what they mean by this is the
current bulk brick offerings.  Maybe slightly augmented.
Kevin Zwicker suggested maybe 1000 pieces.  That even seems
high to me.  Maybe if the 1000 number included color variations.

I would have to side with Eric on this one.

Although I've been drooling over the possibilities of true bulk ordering, my
suspicion is that the range of elements will be severly limited.

Look for example at http://www.lego.com/press/sculpture.asp which shows
models of the Statue of Liberty and the 20" maxifigure as well as the
statement "Buy any number of bricks you want at LEGO.com".  I would suspect
that the initial pool of bulk elements will not differ much from those
offered in these models.  In other words: rectangular bricks, plates, and a
small number of specialty elements.

Of course that doesn't preclude us from offering our suggestions...

Dream well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.megsinet.net/~stabno/SimiLego.htm